Tessa Devine has been performing her sensational solo act since 2012, pairing great songwriting with looping guitar while also providing percussion. After countless live performances around the country and releasing two EPs, she has finally teed up a debut album, set to be launched this weekend. She will be releasing her debut album, “Pieces”, at Smith’s Alternative on Saturday from 7 pm.
Glam-folk duo Sparrow-Folk will be performing twice this weekend at Smith’s on both Thursday and Friday night, while at Transit Bar on Thursday, Perth punkrockers Lionizer will be visiting as part of their “Notice Me Senpai” tour with Quinton Trembath, Slagatha Christie and Semen & Garfuckel.
Ainslie and Gorman Arts Centre have been a little quiet as of late but that is soon to change, with the Autumn Revel lined up this Saturday from 11 am to 4 pm. Activities include dance classes, exhibitions, a Girls Rock Canberra zine workshop as well as a huge line-up of acts like Julia Johnson, Betty Alto and Coolio Desgracias. Find the link to this and many other gigs happening this weekend, below!
- Help Us Pay For Our Parking Tickets!: My Pet Ant, The New Party, Hopeless Youth Group, Black Heart and The Postmasters @ The Phoenix, 7 pm start
- BAD!SLAM!NO!BISCUIT! w/ Marcel Berthon and Abhishek Gupta @ Smith’s Alternative, 7.30 pm start
- Tex Perkins: The Man In Black – The Johnny Cash Story @ Canberra Theatre Centre, 8 pm start
- The Black Sorrows @ The Spiegeltent, 6.30 pm start **SOLD OUT**
- Miro Bukovski & The Burley Griffins @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Lionizer “Notice Me Senpai” east coast tour w/ Quinton Trembath, Slagatha Christie and Semen & Garfuckel @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Piss Weak Karaoke w/ Frances McNair @ The Phoenix, 9 pm start
- Sparrow-Folk @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Sonic Alchemy @ Smith’s Alternative, 6.30 – 7.30 pm
- Joseph Tawadros Trio @ The Street Theatre, 7.30 pm start
- Sparrow-Folk @ Smith’s Alternative, 8 – 9 pm
- Bad Henry’s @ Rose Cottage, 8 pm start
- Knights of the Spatchcock “Sunblind” album launch w/ Tonk, Renegade Spatchcock and Seker Pare @ The Basement, 8 pm start
- Cosmic Spice “In Spring” east coast tour w/ Papaya Tree, Neko Pink and Koscalla @ The Phoenix, 9.30 pm start
- An Inconvenient Groove @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Autumn Revel: Julia Johnson, Ruth O’Brien, Neko Pink, Betty Alto, Black Mountain String Band, Coolio Desgracias and more @ Gorman Arts Centre, 11 am – 4 pm
- David Bath EP launch @ Smith’s Alternative, 3 – 6 pm
- The Idea of North: Groove Sessions @ The Street Theatre, 4 pm start
- The Black Horses w/ Neon Honey and G & A @ The Bunker, Queanbeyan, 6 pm start
- 90’s Tribute Night @ The Basement, 6 pm start
- Tessa Devine album launch @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 pm start
- Panic Burst w/ Liberties, autumn, Lefty and @llc @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Rock Or Be Rocked @ Rose Cottage, 8 pm start
- Pretty Strangers, Nic Cage & The Bad Seats, Adventure Sunday and Jamie Leone @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- The Idea of North: Groove Sessions @ The Street Theatre, 8 pm start
- Sunday Jazz Jam @ Smith’s Alternative, 1.30 pm start
- Scott Stone @ Rose Cottage, 2 pm start
- Linda Mizzi ‘Real People’ CD launch @ Smith’s Alternative, 4 – 6 pm
- Canberra Blues May Jam hosted by Judi Pearce @ Harmonie German Club, 5.30 pm start
- Endrey’s Musical Singalong Hour @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 10 pm
- KaraokeLove Tuesdays @ Transit Bar, 7 pm start
Check out our Gig Guide for upcoming world-class live music showcasing local talents, Australian artists, and international musical acts at some of the best venues in the country. Find out about the latest gallery and exhibition openings, new restaurants, all-day cultural events, family-friendly activities, and so much more. There truly is something on offer for everyone, no matter what tastes and interests you have.
Our What’s On page details the shows, events, and activities taking place over the coming days. We make it easy to plan your week, with all of the vital information in one place: when, where, who, and why.
So, get your diary ready and start making plans. It’s time to explore Canberra’s lively events calendar, and get the most out of life in our wonderful city.