Los Chavos are one of Canberra’s hardest-working, most crowd-pleasing party bands, bringing music as far-flung as latin, cumbia, reggae, ska and rock into a fantastic fusion, all in the name of a good night out! But don’t take my word for it: check them out this Friday at the Phoenix as part of Friday Night Fiesta as they play TWO WHOLE SETS, enough to keep the party going all night long!
MOLO Live at the ANU Pop-Up is taking things up a notch with two huge shows this weekend; firstly, with Jack Biilmann headlining with Liam Wright on Thursday night, then Saturday night with Polish Club, Citizen Kay, Genesis Owusu and much more. Meanwhile, Mulgara will be hosting Melbourne hard-folk act The Flying So High-Os at Transit Bar on Friday, along with Jack R. Reilly, Slagatha Christie and Plastic Plants.
Wives will be launching their stunning new LP ‘Doomsday’ at the Polish White Eagle Club on Saturday night, sharing the show with New Age Group who will be launching a record too. And throughout the weekend, keep your eye on Caneurovision, on at Smith’s Alternative. And another hot tip: check out the details for the Canberra Theatre’s show on Sunday hosted by none other than Briggs!
- Sarah Blasko @ Canberra Theatre Centre, 8 pm start
- Canberra Showcase w/ Baker Boys Band @ The Basement, 8 pm start
- One One One (a.k.a. The L.A. Cruisers) @ The Basement, 8 pm start
- Kraken Good Shanties w/ Canberra Shanty Club @ The Phoenix, 6.30 pm start
- Jack Biilmann w/ Liam Wright, Jayne and Harry Carman & Big Kahuna @ MOLO Live, 7 pm start
- ANU School of Music Ensembles Showcase @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 pm start
- GARRN Transit: The Postmasters, Dalmacia, Black Heart and Flash Anthem @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Lillye ‘Evolve’ tour w/ Screaming Eagles and Hence The Testbed @ The Basement, 7 pm start
- Dreams – Fleetwood Mac & Stevie Nicks Tribute Show @ Harmonie German Club, 7 pm start **SOLD OUT**
- Lucy Wise and Empire State Elevators double album launch @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Mulgara Presents: The Flying So High-Os, Jack R. Reilly, Slagatha Christie and Plastic Plants @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Disorganised Crime @ Rose Cottage, 8 pm start
- Friday Night Fiesta: Los Chavos @ The Phoenix, 9 pm start
- Diana Anaid w/ Ben Camden @ Smith’s Alternative, 10 pm start
- Beautifully Mad @ Smith’s Alternative, 4 pm
- Wives and New Age Group double record launch @ Polish White Eagle Club, 7 pm start
- The Steve Edmonds Band @ Harmonie German Club, 7 pm start
- Yours & Owls launch party: Polish Club, The Gooch Palms, Citizen Kay, Genesis Owusu, Purple Sneakers DJs and Cressy (Good Content) @ MOLO Live, 7 pm start
- Caneurovision Heat #2 @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Cosmic Kiss @ Rose Cottage, 8 pm start
- Breakwall w/ Hatakaze and The Pretty Bones @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Neon Highways w/ The Postmasters, Slow Dial and My Pet Ant @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- FunkyTrop EP launch @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Sunday Jazz Jam @ Smith’s Alternative, 1.30 pm start
- Dale Huddlestone @ Rose Cottage, 2 pm start
- Key Grip @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- CBR DIY Gig Guide presents Bootleg Sessions: East Row Rabble, Lady Denman, The Tugs and Boroky @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Briggs presents Bad Apples Music House Party w/ Birdz, Omar Musa, Nooky, Alice Skye, Tasman Keith, Kobie Dee and Hau @ Canberra Theatre Centre, 9.30 pm start
- Caneurovision Heat #3 @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Capital Club @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 – 10.30 pm
- Old Timey Tuesday @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 pm start
- KaraokeLove Tuesdays @ Transit Bar, 7 pm start
Check out our Gig Guide for upcoming world-class live music showcasing local talents, Australian artists, and international musical acts at some of the best venues in the country. Find out about the latest gallery and exhibition openings, new restaurants, all-day cultural events, family-friendly activities, and so much more. There truly is something on offer for everyone, no matter what tastes and interests you have.
Our What’s On page details the shows, events, and activities taking place over the coming days. We make it easy to plan your week, with all of the vital information in one place: when, where, who, and why.
So, get your diary ready and start making plans. It’s time to explore Canberra’s lively events calendar, and get the most out of life in our wonderful city.