Featured in the Gig Guide this week is coastal bard Jack Biilmann’s band, The Bronze Whalers, who are playing this Saturday at The George Harcourt Inn as part of the Untapped Festival of Beer & Music. Other bands featuring throughout the day include Thirsty Merc, James Southwell Band and Marji Curran Band, to name a few.
One of Canberra’s biggest bands of the past few years, Fun Machine, will be making a brief return to the stage on Friday night at the Phoenix from 8 pm, while the UC Refectory will be hosting a big show to wrap up O Week with Tune In UC, featuring The Rubens, Slow Turismo and Dalmacia.
On Saturday check out Unlocking the DOORS at the Basement, a tribute show to one of the great bands of the 1960s, while With Heavy Heart V commences at Transit Bar from 7 pm, a night of death metal tuneage featuring Illimitable Doctor, The Maledict and more. Noise pop muso Kellie Lloyd from Brisbane (of Screamfeeder fame) will also be performing at The Front from 8 pm, with Canberra bands Oranges and Different Types of Spiders.
- Dave Graney & Clare Moore @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Smith’s Varietal #107 feat. MC Anthony Tomic @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- The Pratt/Price Collective (Daryl Pratt & Mike Price) @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Lich King w/ Hidden Intent, Reignofterror and Terravorous @ The Basement, 8 pm start
- Helena Pop! single launch w/ Slagatha Christie, Good Pash and H. @ Polish White Eagle Club, 8 pm start
- Brap Brap Vol. 1: Agency Dub Collective and Coolio Desgracias @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Danny McDonald (P76) w/ Vice Like Grip and Commitment @ The Front Gallery and Cafe, 7 pm start
- The Bushwackers @ Harmonie German Club, 7 pm start
- As A Rival “From The Depths” tour w/ Sketch Method, Adventure Sunday and Udder Ubductees @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Tune In UC: The Rubens, Slow Turismo and Dalmacia @ UC Refectory, 8 pm start
- Fun Machine @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- The Crossbones w/ The Rouseabouts @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Untapped Festival: Thirsty Merc, James Southwell Band, Marji Curran Band, The Gypsy Scholars, The Bronze Whalers, Maxo and Tori Charo @ The George Harcourt Inn, 11 am start
- Hi New Low w/ James Fahy @ Smith’s Alternative, 1.30 – 3 pm
- By The Water: Kate Miller-Heidke @ National Museum of Australia, 6 pm start **SOLD OUT**
- With Heavy Heart V: Illimitable Doctor, The Maledict, The Veil, Hawkmoth and Futility @ Transit Bar, 7 pm start
- Unlocking The DOORS @ The Basement, 7 pm start
- Cookie Baker @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Kellie Lloyd w/ Oranges and Different Types of Spiders @ The Front Gallery and Cafe, 8 pm start
- Bed Wettin’ Bad Boys LP launch w/ New Age Group, Dog Name and So @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Lani EP launch w/ Sam Sly @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Sunday Jazz Jam @ Smith’s Alternative, 1.30 pm start
- Kirks & Co w/ Bri & Tom @ Smith’s Alternative, 4 – 6 pm
- KaraokeLove Tuesdays @ Transit Bar, 7 pm start
Check out our Gig Guide for upcoming world-class live music showcasing local talents, Australian artists, and international musical acts at some of the best venues in the country. Find out about the latest gallery and exhibition openings, new restaurants, all-day cultural events, family-friendly activities, and so much more. There truly is something on offer for everyone, no matter what tastes and interests you have.
Our What’s On page details the shows, events, and activities taking place over the coming days. We make it easy to plan your week, with all of the vital information in one place: when, where, who, and why.
So, get your diary ready and start making plans. It’s time to explore Canberra’s lively events calendar, and get the most out of life in our wonderful city.