From David Pocock to Liam Neeson’s movie in Canberra, this quiz covers sports, politics, movies and, of course, Canberra.
Take the test alone or challenge a friend. We’ll update with the answers at the bottom tomorrow.
- What sport would you associate with Garth Tander?
- The ANU was ranked the 30th best university in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2023. Where does this place the university nationally?
- ‘Emesis’ is the clinical name for what bodily function?
- Which artist from Torquay, Victoria, will debut a new album, Jan Juc Moon, in Canberra this weekend?
- What is the word for a domesticated polecat?
- Liam Neeson’s movie Blacklight was filmed partly in Canberra and featured Glebe Park and Canberra Casino. Did Liam Neeson come to the capital for filming?
- Which Rocky movie was ‘Eye of the Tiger’ the theme song for?
- David Pocock isn’t the only Australian sports star to throw his hat into the political ring. Canberra Raiders legend Mal Meninga campaigned for a seat in the Australian Capital Territory Legislative Assembly during the Territory’s 2001 general election. Which party did he campaign for, Labor, Liberal or as an Independent?
- [-b +/- sq rt(b^2 – 4ac)]/2a is better known by what name?
- In 2009, Vegemite released a variation of their product called what?
- Which movie from 1998 stars Sam Elliot, John Turturro, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Tara Reid, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi, John Goodman and Jeff Bridges?
- Bronze is an alloy consisting primarily of which two elements?
- Which boy band was Robbie Williams in before his solo career?
- How many teams will be playing in the AFLW season in August this year?
- What is the main ingredient of the condiment tahini?
- Who’s older: Tom Cruise or Courteney Cox?
- Aussie Minjee Lee won the biggest prize ever in which sport last week?
- Which children’s author wrote and illustrated the books The Waterhole, Animalia and Uno’s Garden?
- Singer Mariah Carey is being sued for US$20 million over alleged copyright infringement for which song?
- Which teams are currently on top of the AFL and NRL ladder?
4. Xavier Rudd
7. Rocky III
9. Quadratic formula
10. iSNACK 2.0
11. The Big Lebowski
12. Copper and Tin
13. Take That
15. Sesame seeds
16. Tom Cruise
18. Graeme Base
19. All I Want For Christmas Is You
20. Brisbane Lions and Penrith Panthers