For you performers out there, this from the media release:
- The 2009 Tilt Busking Festival will be the third event held by Canberra CBD and for the second year will be held in conjunction with the nationally recognised Floriade Program.
Performances take place throughout the central business and retail precinct and this year a number of new event developments will be staged including:
– the inclusion of a permanent ‘hub’ for the festival to be known as Busker Central with a themed performance area,
– additional performance activities and features including: lunchtime circus workshops (to help de-stress office workers), weekend kids arena (with side show style amusements), specialised performance programs – ‘So You Think You can Busk’ for school aged children, and ‘Born Again Buskers’ highlighting the talent of performers over the age of 60,
– after hours comedy festival being held in city clubs and pubs,
– special audience competition called ‘Bust the Busker’ being run through Radio Station FM104.7 where daily clues are given to the whereabouts of our signature Tilt performer of which a $250 cash prize will be given to the first person who finds our ‘Wally’.
The Tilt Festival program will be advertised extensively through local radio stations (FM104.7 and MIX106.7), The Canberra Times, postcards & posters distributed to targeted locations across the city, and an extensive publicity campaign engaging both electronic and print media.
All registered performers will also be encouraged to participate in the Tilt Festival Facebook page which will be established to provide daily performance details, audience feedback forum, upload Festival photo/video content and share performer links.
If you would like to be part of this great street festival please contact Tom-Tom Events on the phone number or email address below to receive an application form and return by Friday 28 August 2009.
Coordinators of the 2009 Tilt Festival
Phone: 02 6296 7005 or Email: email@example.com