There’s nothing quite like a real Christmas tree – the smell, the endearing lop-sidedness, the needles covering your floor. While the plastic sort may be more convenient, real trees are nostalgic reminders of our childhoods.
If you’re looking to purchase a Christmas tree in Canberra, check out this list. We’ve read through our readers’ feedback, and put together the top three places in the Canberra region to pick up a tree.
Remember, if you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments section below.
Let’s get right into it.
What makes a great Christmas Tree provider?
The holiday season is undoubtedly the most wonderful time of the year. Here in Canberra, we enjoy the warm weather and the hustle and bustle of the Christmastime rush.
When you set out to purchase a real Christmas tree, you’ll be looking for somewhere that ticks all the boxes. Here’s what we think makes a great Christmas tree provider:
- A quality range of trees. The big, the small, and everything in between. The best Christmas tree providers have a quality range of trees. That might even include different species. Yes – there is a difference between the spruce and the fir!
- Fair pricing. A Christmas tree shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. Keep in mind, the less you spend on your tree, the more you’ll have to purchase gifts and food.
- Festive atmosphere. Buying the Christmas tree is an exciting outing for you and your family. Things like festive lighting and Christmas tunes make all the difference.
- Supports a good cause. Here in Canberra, some Christmas tree providers support a worthy cause. If you feel like being extra generous this season, opt for a charity-based provider.
The best places to buy a Christmas tree in Canberra
After reading through your comments, we’ve put together this list of the top three places to buy Christmas trees in Canberra.
1. Christmas Tree Keng
Christmas Tree Keng has been growing and selling beautiful Christmas trees since 1987. Visitors are able to drive around the farm, pick their Christmas tree, and cut it down. With a range of tree varieties, plus a reasonable flat rate of just $65, a trip to Christmas Tree Keng is a sure-fire way to get into the holiday spirit.
One of our commenter, MattT, had a great experience purchasing their Christmas tree. “We needed ours on a weeknight so drove out to Christmas Tree Keng after work. You drive around the property til you see a tree you like, then cut it down yourself with a loaner handsaw,” they wrote.
2. Canberra Christmas Markets at EPIC
Explore the many exciting Christmas offerings at the Canberra Christmas Markets at EPIC. Word has it there are many Christmas tree vendors offering top quality trees at great prices.
JohnK wrote this: “Canberra Christmas Markets at EPIC has the Christmas Tree Guy today and this weekend.” So pay the markets a visit at a time that suits you.
3. RSPCA at Weston
Tis’ the season to give, so why not support a good cause as you purchase your Christmas tree. The RSPCA at Weston sells trees for around $50, with proceeds going toward supporting animals in their care.
Where do you buy your Christmas tree?
Share your experiences and insider knowledge in the comments below.