Finally we’ve all had a full week to get some work done. But it’s all over soon.
What’s worth seeing and doing around town this weekend?
Just leave your thoughts in the comments.
From our calendar:
– Three skirts and a moustache
– A New Horizon: Contemporary Chinese Art
– Nicci Haynes prints & drawings & photographs by Geoffrey Dunn
– The Rig. Local theatre.
– Infinite Horizons. Fred Williams retrospective at the National Gallery
– Out of the West exhibition at the National Gallery
– The 52nd Day of Spring at the Polo
– Skateicus! Rollerderby Grand Final and double header at the AIS Arena
– St John’s Community Fair
– Nara Candle Festival!
– Community Fair and Swap Meet
– Graveyard Train at Transit tonight
– Drawing Arcs at the Front
– Rise, Bury the Truth, Desolution and Once Were Heartless at the Basement
– LLIK LLIK LLIK Transit BAR
– The Crooked Fiddle Band VS. Mr. Fibby! at the Polo!
ACT RFS Open Day at their new helibase at Hume.
Demonstrations, games, magicians, Scotty and Nige, helicopter rides and more! Come and support your local volunteers!
Boardgames at Gungahlin Library, Saturday 11:00am – 4:30pm.
2012 ACT Rescue and Foster (ARF) Calendar Launch
Launched by the Chief Minister, Katy Gallagher
Friday 21 October
Outside the Legislative Assembly, Civic Square
Calendars $10, Christmas Cards $1.20
The “Canberra Times Home, Leisure, Caravan, 4WD & Camping Show” is on from Friday to Sunday, this weekend at EPIC from 10am to 5pm each day.
Cranleigh Art Show, Friday night, Saturday and Sunday
Dragons Abreast ACT 2011 Corporate Dragon Boat Regatta
See a huge assortment of corporate and social crews race like maniacs for a good cause and a lot of fun.
When: Saturday 22 October
Where: Weston Park (rowing course near Prescott Lane – follow the pink signs for parking)
Time: 7.45am – 1.00pm
Diwali Mela and Indian Vegetarian Food Fair
Where: 81 Ratcliffe Cres., Florey
When: Saturday 22 Oct 11am to 3pm
Variety of Delicious Vegetarian Food. No Food Item Over $5
SPANISH DANCE & FOOD FIESTA 2011 at the Spanish Club, Narrabundah. Sunday 10 – 4.
Are you in favour of Light Rail for Canberra?