To help you to do that they’ve produced five top tips:
- 1. Build a 10 cm circular mound around the outside of the drip line of all trees in your garden and on your nature strip ensuring that it is not a trip hazard so that any rain that falls will be captured in the well that is produced.
2. Cover your garden with coarse mulch such as forest litter 50 to 75 mm deep keeping it back from plant stems. Ensure the soil is wet and sprinkle some Blood and Bone before you lay the mulch.
3. Cover your garden and lawn with a soil wetting agent to encourage the absorption of water
4. Rip new gardens or loosen your soil where possible using a garden fork and add any organic matter you have (compost, leaves, hay, manure, etc)
5. Build swales (mounds) across a slope to slow water movement and run-off across your block
So there you go.