Skip to content Skip to main navigation

Ask RiotACT

Best place to build your
property career in Canberra

Ask RiotACT: Building ombudsman?

Faye Voramaiwadee Fuller 24 June 2017 1

Ask RiotACT

Hello Rioters.

I bought a property in Feb and the strata company / body corporate had a fence installed. I am not happy with it. The strata company / body corporate aren’t doing anything about it.

Whom can I call to put in a complaint about the fence builder? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

What’s Your opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
One Response to
Ask RiotACT: Building ombudsman?
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
gbates 7:01 pm 25 Jun 17

Access Canberra is supposed to be the single point of contact for regulatory services. Being a one-stop-shop you’ll find that you have to speak to a lot of people who don’t specialise in anything in particular until you find someone who may actually help. Unfortunately, since your body corporate is the customer, not you, I wouldn’t hold out much hope that you have a leg to stand on.

Are your neighbours also unhappy with the quality of the work? If there are enough of you then you can force the body corporate to take action since, collectively, you *are* the body corporate.

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. | | |

Search across the site