Just a quick note to let you fellow beer nerds know that The Durham in Green Square, Kingston, will be hosting another food and beer matching lunch on Saturday 24th March from 1pm. These events are great fun with lots of info about food, beer, brewing and craft beer in Australia.
The five beers and one cider all come from the Little Creatures and White Rabbit breweries. Four of the beers were recently listed in the Hottest 100 Aussie Craft Beers of 2011 including the malty ‘Rogers Beer’, the only mid-strength beer to make the list (presumably because it’s one of the few out there with flavour!). The fifth beer at the lunch will be a special one-off brew made by the brewers at Little Creatures specifically for this event alone! And finally there’ll also be Little Creatures latest release, Pipsqueak Pear Cider.
The menu for the day is as follows:
– mussels marinara washed down with White Rabbit White Ale
– lamb belly with Moroccan carrot puree matched with Rogers Beer
– char-grilled chicken with lemongrass and lime paired with Little Creatures Pale Ale
– stuffed pork steak with pear and walnuts wrapped in smoked bacon with Pipsqueak Pear Cider
– chocolate marquise with raspberries and mascarpone cream and served with White Rabbit Dark Ale
– and finally a surprise course to go with the surprise 6th beer
The event will be hosted by the extraordinarily enthusiastic Sydney “Beer snob” Dan Hampton! The cost for this fun afternoon of six courses, five beers and one cider is $59 per head.
Bookings are essential with pre-purchase required. Pop into the Durham or ring the venue 6295 1769 for bookings or information.
cheers & beers!