It’s a fact: schools, sporting fields, private farms, public gardens, and other domestic and commercial properties rely on high-quality, effective irrigation systems to keep their grass and greenery looking its best. The thing is, like most landscaping equipment, irrigation systems require repair and maintenance every now and again.
But what should you look for in an irrigation repair service, and where can you find the best in Canberra? Read on to find out.
What makes a great irrigation supplier or repairer?
When choosing an irrigation specialist, we recommend keeping the following traits in mind:
- Prompt service. Whether there’s a leak wasting water, or your irrigation system has stopped working completely, you (and your lush, green lawns!) need a top-quality service as soon as possible. The best in the business understand this and are willing to go above and beyond to deliver a fast repair service.
- Quality parts and products. While using cheaper parts will save money in the short term, they generally don’t last as long and will need to be replaced sooner. For longevity and real value for money, look for an irrigation installer that uses the best parts or products for the job – not the one that costs the least.
- Long-lasting workmanship. A properly installed or serviced irrigation system stands the test of time – it holds up against daily wear and tear. Read reviews or ask for customer testimonials to confirm that their work will be completed to a high standard.
- Value for money. Do your research before choosing an irrigation repair service. While cheaper isn’t always better, you want to make sure that the pricing is competitive.
- Effective communication. You shouldn’t need a plumbing or horticulture qualification to understand what your irrigation technician is talking about. A great technician is willing to discuss the job at a level you can understand.
The best irrigation suppliers and repairers in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Established in Canberra way back in 1978, Waterland has designed and installed some of the leading irrigation systems in the region’s most prestigious sites. Their dedicated, experienced team members have the skills and expertise needed to execute even the most complex irrigation repairs without a hitch. Committed to customer satisfaction, their services are prompt, effective, and stress-free.
Ben and Warsih Koster wrote on Google, "I just had James come to my house to repair my irrigation. He was very thorough, knowledgeable and very professional."
With a fully stocked showroom in Fyshwick, Easyrain is a one-stop-shop for all things irrigation in the Canberra area. The locally owned and operated business has proudly served the region for years, and continue offering high-quality, cost-effective solutions to their valued customers.
Mohammad Chowdhury wrote on Google, "Great people with helpful advice and information."
The team at Aquaflo Irrigation are irrigation specialists. They understand that behind every healthy, thriving landscape is an effective irrigation system – and that’s why they are ready to deliver an industry-leading repair service. With more than 15 years of experience, the dedicated experts at Aquaflo Irrigation can help both domestic clients and those operating in the large commercial and rural markets. Whatever irrigation issue you are facing, contact Aquaflo Irrigation today.
Roz & Andrew wrote on Google, "Great guys. Great information and assistance. I recommend them."
Water saving tips: irrigation systems
If you’re interested in reducing the amount of water your irrigation system uses, you might not need an irrigation repair specialist. In fact, there are many steps you can take to make your irrigation system more efficient – especially in Canberra’s hot and dry summers. To find out how you can save water in your garden, read Icon Water’s advice in Water restrictions in Canberra: What locals should know + tips for saving water.