Looking to buy a property? It’s an exciting journey and one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make. Buying a property inevitably involves securing a home loan and no doubt you’ll want the best product on the market. The challenge can be navigating the complex mortgage market.
This is when a mortgage broker can help. They’re experts at helping you, as a buyer, find and secure a home loan product that best suits your needs. The best mortgage brokers have access to a large range of home loans and can guide you with initial options right through settlement.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing a mortgage broker and share where to find the best in Ulladulla.
What makes a great mortgage broker?
Choosing the right mortgage broker can help fast-track finding the right mortgage. It can also take the stress out of what can be an emotionally draining experience. Great mortgage brokers help you work through the complicated mortgage maze.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a mortgage broker in the Albury region.
- Qualified and licensed. Choose a mortgage brokers who has the right credentials. Check that they’re qualified and licensed. Also check if they hold an Australian Credit License or Credit Representative status, as required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. You’ll find a lot of this information online.
- Range of products. A quality broker has access to and can compare an excellent range of lenders and products. This means they can compare different mortgages and source the best one for your needs.
- Availability. The last thing you need when sourcing a mortgage, is a broker who is too busy to take your calls. Ask your mortgage broker how busy they are. Also ask how quickly they will return your calls and emails.
- Fees and commissions. Some mortgage brokers charge for their services, but others offer services free of charge. This is because mortgage brokers get a commission from lenders. Talk to your mortgage broker about fees, commissions and any other charges, so you’re not caught off guard.
- Industry affiliation. The most reputable brokers are affiliated with reputable, leading industry bodies. Membership indicates they follow ethical practices and adhere to strict codes of conduct. Check for memberships with associations like the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia.
The best mortgage brokers in Ulladulla
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
The expert mortgage brokers at Breakwall Finance understand that making a big property purchase can be daunting. Whether clients are looking to refinance, down-size, up-size or purchase their first investment property, Breakwell Finance is on hand to uncover the best loan.
On Google, Kelly Clarke-Duffy wrote “I cannot recommend Breakwall Finance highly enough. Holly-Maree worked so hard for us … She is professional and has great communication skills. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.”
On Point Financial Solutions takes the stress out of finding the right home loan. The company offers expert mortgage broking services for Ulladulla region and the entire South Coast.
On Facebook, Corey Tiisler wrote, “Tara from On Point Financial Services helped refinancing our home loan and got us a loan for a block of land. Happy, honest and offered plenty of advice … Once our plans are approved, Tara will be helping get our construction loan.”
The professional, experienced mortgage brokers at Clarity Home Loans support clients to find, apply for and secure a loan, with the minimum fuss. That includes first-time buyers, those moving to another home, investors and retirees.
Laura Whiting wrote on Google, “Before we were even ready to start properly looking to buy, we were able to sit down and go through the whole process with our broker, how every step of the process worked, and how much we could comfortably borrow. This gave us great confidence …”
The mortgage brokers at South Coast Business and Financial Solutions work with all types of property purchasers, from first home buyers to seasoned investors. Brokers are accredited with the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia. They work through the entire finance process with clients, from submission to settlement and beyond.
Michael Keogh wrote on Google, “Professional and friendly service with expert advice that is easy for the customer to understand without needing a degree in finance.”
If you’re looking for more information on financial support for your home, you might like our articles on the best financial planners, best tax accountants, and the best conveyancing lawyers that Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with mortgage brokers in Ulladulla
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you worked with any of the mortgage brokers listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.