Builder to advise house buyer in Canberra?

planeguy 6 August 2012 3

So we are contemplating buying a house, that may need a fair bit of work. Whilst the seller’s Building Inspection report details a bit with the “what is wrong”, we would like to engage a builder to inspect the place – representing us – and advise how feasible, and costly the repairs are likely to be.

Does anyone know a reputable builder in Canberra that provides this service?

Note: we want to go beyond the usual scope of the seller’s report, and get into specific areas that are excluded from such reports. We are aware it is going to cost us, but want someone who represents us (not the seller) and tells us how and how much to fix.

What's Your Opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
3 Responses to Builder to advise house buyer in Canberra?
MarieJones72 MarieJones72 8:54 am 16 Sep 12

We used a local guy named Daniel. His phone number is 0404 620 678

He did a very thorough inspection and saved us a lot of money

VYBerlinaV8_is_back VYBerlinaV8_is_back 9:40 am 06 Aug 12

I’ve done exactly what you are proposing, twice now. It can be a good way to get a great result at a good price, but you need to be careful.

Both times I used Brett from Master Homes.

Holden Caulfield Holden Caulfield 9:29 am 06 Aug 12

Try John from Mint Constructions.

Good luck. You’re going to need it!

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Region Group Pty Ltd

Search across the site