I need help from the creative community of RiotACT. Iâ€™m planning a new course on web2.0 applications @ Hawker College Evening School. I have preliminary approval but I need a name (I donâ€™t have a creative bone in my body).
The course outline is below. Basically I want to introduce non-techheads to the latest and greatest tools on the web without them needing to install a thing.
Can anyone help me out with suggestions for a name for the course that is catchy without being offensive or geeky.
The first course: (4×2.5hr) would cover:
1. Gmail – Huge, free and easy to use webmail.
2. Del.icio.us â€“ Easiest online bookmarks for the world to share.
3. Flickr â€“ Easy photos storage and sharing.
4. Blogger â€“ Easy creation/posting of your own blog.
The second course: (4×2.5hr) would cover:
5. Netvibes – an awesome AJAX-based start page.
6. Meebo – an AJAX-based chat client that works with AIM, Google Talk, Jabber, ICQ.
7. Vimeo – is for video what Flickr is for photos.
8. YouSendIt – Send large files without file size limitations.
9. Writeboard â€“ a web-based word processor where multiple people can login and share ideas.
10. Digg – a news and story-based site where users get to decide what gets shown.