Immerse yourself in a world of exquisite hand-crafted artisan chocolates, learn more about the art of chocolate making, and kick back in a picturesque rural setting that’s the perfect place to indulge in all things chocolate at Robyn Rowe Chocolates.
The chocolate café is right in the midst of the Canberra Wine District, midway between Canberra and Yass, and the Murrumbateman region is dotted with wineries where you can taste award-winning drops at cellar doors. If you’re planning on visiting the wineries, make sure you leave room for a palate cleanser at Robyn Rowe’s chocolates!
Why you’ll love it
- Chocolate-maker Robyn Rowe has created a unique and highly sought after boutique Australian product using traditional European methods. The treat for your taste buds is free of artificial colourings, flavourings and preservatives, and uses local ingredients like walnuts, liquors and coffee from the surrounding region.
- You can watch chocolate being made and learn about the process, the raw materials and chocolate-making techniques.
- You can enjoy some chocolate treats on-site (we recommend the hot chocolate, but there’s also coffee, milkshakes, and sweets) then stock up on more to savour at home.
- The chocolate flavours are a mix of old favourites and bold flavour combinations for the more adventurous – like coconut lime zing, lemon and caramel, and the Clonakilla muscat, so you’re bound to find something you love.
- Relax in the covered outside area and take in the lovely views of the countryside. There are blankets for when the weather is chilly.
- There’s plenty to keep the kids busy with activities like a wooden train set, books and games inside and totem tennis, balls and a hula hoop outside, giving you more time to enjoy all the chocolate!
View this post on Instagram
Monday is always great in beautiful Yass Valley, especially when The Globe Inn boys get to visit @robyn_rowe_chocolates ? This box of deliciousness is full of truffles, caramels and the brand new ruby chocolate! ? #chocolateshop #handmadechocolate #rurallife #rubychocolate #mondaymonday #theglobeinnboys … . . . . . . #yassglobeinn #historic #georgian #guesthouse #bedandbreakfast #weekendgetaway #explorensw #countrynsw #australiagram #visitcanberra #canberra #yass #yasss #visityassvalley – best of the #cbrregion #lp #gravl #passionpassport #travels #tourist #tlpicks #traveller #theglobalwanderer
Robyn Rowe Chocolates is at 1153 Nanima Road, Murrumbateman, and is open each week from Thursday through to Monday, between 10am and 5pm.
Head out of Canberra via the Barton Highway, and follow the signs to Murrumbateman past the turnoff to Hall. Keep an eye out for a brown sign to Robyn Rowe Chocolates and/or Nanima Road on your right. The road is sealed but can be a little bumpy – and it’s worth it when you arrive and have a taste of Robyn’s chocolate delicacies!
When to go
Any time is a good time to eat chocolate!
- Duration: around half an hour’s drive from Canberra.
- Distance from Canberra: around 30km from the CBD.
- Recommended for: foodies, chocolate lovers and anyone looking for a short day trip to a pretty country setting.
- More information: Robyn Rowe Chocolates
Have you visited Robyn Rowe chocolates or tasted her chocolatey treats? What’s your favourite?