Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Skilled legal advice with
accessible & personal attention

Cat starts fire at Richardson home

Lachlan Roberts 30 July 2019

It appears the family feline knocked a roll of plastic wrap onto the touch sensor stove top. File photo.

A working smoke alarm has saved a mother and her young child from a mischevious cat that started a fire at a Richardson home on Tuesday morning (30 July).

Around 6:15 am this morning, a working smoke alarm alerted a mother and her young child to self-evacuate their family home on Wentcher Place, Richardson.

Firefighters arrived to find a small kitchen fire which had originated from the stove top, while paramedics assessed the pair on scene.

After further investigation, it appears the family cat knocked a roll of plastic wrap onto the touch-sensor stove top.

ACT Fire and Rescue would like to remind Canberrans that when the stove top is not in use to please lock the sensors and switches, and ensure you have a working smoke alarm.


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
the-riotact.com | aboutregional.com.au | b2bmagazine.com.au | thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site