ACT Fire & Rescue on scene at a house fire on McQuade Close, Charnwood.
Two fire pumpers and the Hazardous Materials unit on scene working to extinguish fire in roof space.
Occupants safely self evacuated.
No damage to neighbouring property.
3:38pm Friday 13 April 2012
Fire has been fully extinguished.
ACT Fire & Rescue crews carrying out salvage operations.
Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 3.17pm.
Damage estimate $10,000.
Cause from a faulty flu in a solid fuel stove.
3:56pm Friday 13 April 2012
ACT Fire & Rescue urge the community to ensure they conduct regular maintenance of heating appliances and that they are checked thoroughly before using them after a long period of inactivity.
4:22pm Friday 13 Apr 2012