The Fringe of Squaredom presents jazz in its many forms, from the earthy swing of New Orleans to the classic cool of the modern era.
Founded by Rachael Thoms and Tom Fell and featuring the powerhouse rhythm section of James Luke, Chris Thwaite and Hugh Barrett, the band brings together a collective of the region’s finest musicians to present four showcase concerts at the Tuggeranong Arts Centre.
Don’t miss your chance to hear world class jazz, in this series of four Sunday afternoon concerts in the Tuggeranong Arts Centre theatre.
The series of concerts builds on the Arts Centre’s growing reputation as a venue for music, offering a program that will appeal to jazz lovers and jazz laymen alike, with conceptually based concerts that explore a genre or artist.
As well as the celebrated musicians that make up the band, the season showcases some amazing special guests. Audiences can purchase tickets to individual concerts, or a season pass to all four.
- Include one complimentary drink as part of the ticket price
- Commence at 4pm in the theatre
- Have a cash bar in the Hunting Lodge from 3pm
- Include a short intermission
- Sunday 23 May, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Latin Nights: Jazz from Brazil and Beyond
- Sunday 27 June, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm – West Coast Cool: The Music of the Gerry Mulligan Quartet
- Sunday 22 August, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Jazz Divas: Sarah, Ella, Billie and Beyond
- Sunday 17 October, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Money Jungle: When Mingus Met Duke
Buy a Season Ticket and get the fourth concert for only $20 and the best seats in the house! But get in quick as Season Tickets are only available for a limited time.
Find out more information at Tuggeranong Arts Centre.
What: Sunday Jazz Series: The Fringe of Squaredom
When: Sunday 23 May, Sunday 27 June, Sunday 22 August and Sunday 17 October; 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Where: Tuggeranong Arts Centre Theater, 137 Reed Street North, Greenway ACT 2901
Cost: $30 per person per show or $110 per person for all shows. Tickets available through TryBooking.