We all need to contribute to the survival of our glorious bees, and the very important role they play in our food supply.
At the Market, most of our stallholders depend on bees and other pollinating insects to survive. And so together we recognise the importance of World Bee Day to raise awareness of the importance of bees and beekeeping to the world.
Capital Region Farmers Market has partnered with the Slovenian Embassy since World Bee Day commenced three years ago. On Saturday 22nd May 2021 we invite you to join us for a family fun day to promote the importance of bees for the supply of our food.
On the 22nd May you can:
- Discover the importance of bees through our stallholders’ bee-friendly displays and exhibits.
- Dress up for our Best Bee Costume Competition – come dressed in your favourite yellow and black clothing to be in the draw to win gift vouchers (drawn hourly at 8.30am, 9.30am and 10.30am)
- Get creative and colour in a bee to add to our Bee Hive.
- Have a little fun with bee face painting.
- Discover exclusive honey/bee themed food created by some of our favourite producers.
- Watch and listen to ABC Canberra’s live broadcast of Saturday’s Morning Show hosted by Adrienne Francis. Broadcasting live from 6am, Adrienne will be talking to a number of our stallholders and Bee experts from our ABC Bee Hive.
For more information visit www.capitalregionfarmersmarket.com.au
What: World Bee Day @ Capital Region Farmers Market
When: Saturday 22nd May, 7.30am – 11.30am.
Where: Exhibition Park
Cost: Entry is free