Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Avani Terraces - Greenway
Life is looking up

Faulty light fitting evacuates Hughes Primary

By johnboy - 29 July 2011 0

Approximately 350 have been safely evacuated from Hughes Primary School following reports of smoke in the building.

The ACT Fire Brigade responded with multiple resources and found a faulty light fitting in the school library emitting smoke.

Firefighters are currently ventilating the area and will carry out atmospheric monitoring before allowing everyone back inside.

Evacuation was because of a smell of smoke not the presence of any.

[Courtesy ESA]

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site