Are you stuck in isolation at home? Or staying positive, but testing negative?
Whether you are back at the office or stuck at home, this Ken Behrens Quiz will get your brain in gear for 2022.
Make it a household challenge, or take it on as a team – warning, this article has now been updated with the answers at the bottom.
- What is the motto of Bruce the shark in Finding Nemo?
- Professor Mike Gore AO died this week at age 87. He was the founder of which Canberra icon?
- Buttercup, Bubbles and Blossom are the names of which animated trio?
- This week marks 23 years since The Sopranos debuted on HBO – which US state is the cult TV series set?
- Peter ‘Snakebite’ Wright won which world championship last week?
- In 1971, which Portland company hired graphic designer Carolyn Davidson to design its famous logo for $35?
- Ireland has won which international competition seven times, the most of any country?
- Who will be representing ACT as the 2022 ACT Australian of the Year?
- Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart played for two clubs – the Raiders and what other team?
- Which of these chocolates is not in a box of Cadbury Favourites: Moro, Mars or Picnic?
- The Front and Tilley’s are cafes in which Canberra suburb?
- Canberra is currently building Ngurra, a new national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural precinct. What does Ngurra mean?
- Which sport do you associate with Canberra’s Monique Adamczak?
- Name the only two Summer Olympic sports in which men and women compete individually against each other?
- Which fictitious film family lives at 3 Highview Crescent in Coolaroo?
- This coming Monday, 17 January, marks what would have been Al Capone’s 123rd birthday. On what charges did US federal authorities finally convict the notorious criminal?
- Madagascar is the world’s leading producer of which precious gemstone?
- What 2004 film features the following cast members: Brad Pitt, Julian Glover, Sean Bean, Brendon Gleeson, Rose Byrne, Peter O’Toole, Brian Cox, Diane Kruger, Orlando Bloom, Eric Bana and Garrett Hedlund?
- Which Canberra pub bears the name of the politician who established a 17-year ban on alcohol in the ACT?
- Who are the ACT’s two federal senators?
Bonus holiday question:
According to ACT Scrabble Association president John Hamilton, the best word he’s seen in the board game is ‘zolpidem’, the chemical name of a sleeping pill. Without any Scrabble bonuses, how many points would you receive for the word ‘zolpidem’ in the game?
1. ‘Fish are friends, not food’
3. The Powerpuff Girls
4. New Jersey
5. PDC World Darts Championship
7. Eurovision Song Contest
8. Patty Mills
9. Canterbury Bulldogs
14. Sailing and equestrian
15. The Kerrigan Family (from The Castle)
16. Tax Evasion
19. King O’Malley’s
20. Katy Gallagher and Zed Seselja
Bonus question: 22