The long weekend is almost here. Sit back, relax, and test yourself with our weekly quiz filled with Easter, Canberra, and some classic pub trivia questions. Warning: this quiz has been updated with the answers at the bottom.
- In which suburb would you find The Ruc, Clay, and The Polish Club?
- What significant step was introduced into Australian schools by the Menzies Government in 1951?
- Which is the world’s leading tyre maker on an annual basis?
- The Canberra Circus Festival kicks off this Tuesday. In which country was Cirque du Soleil founded?
- Who has taken over Ash Barty’s spot as women’s tennis world number one?
- Which ingredient can be Red, Birdseye, Scotch Bonnet, or Aji?
- George Orwell’s novel 1984 is set in which European city?
- Cross-Court Violation is an illegal move in which sport?
- Which Teletubby is Purple?
- The athletics event of the hammer throw originates in the Highland Games of which country?
- What is the most searched street in Canberra?
- Certain species of which type of grass can grow up to 90 cm in 24 hours?
- What language has the most words?
- What is the world’s most expensive liquid? Scorpion venom, Chanel No 5 or 98 Octane Petrol?
- Which number is higher: the population of the ACT or the crowd at the Melbourne Grand Prix
- What country does Easter Island belong to?
- The election has been called! When are Australians going to the polls?
- Took the Children Away, We Won’t Cry, and Down City Streets are songs by which artist performing at The Folk Festival this weekend?
- Among the items that Fabergé made for the Russian royal family, which was most famous?
- Peter, Rob, Jim and Martin make up which rock band performing at Stage 88 this Tuesday?
2. Milk for primary school children
5. Iga Swiatek
9. Tinky Winky
11. Bunda Street
14 Scorpion Venom
15. The population of the ACT
17. 21 May
18. Archie Roach
19. Easter Eggs
20. Midnight Oil