Enlighten Night Noodle Markets, the food and drink precinct featuring authentic Asian eats, from dumplings to dosa, Pad Thai to gyoza along with bespoke dessert and a delicious drink (or two!) is back again as part of Good Food Month.
This years event is more mouthwatering than ever and is dog-friendly and cashless. So bring your plastic and your pooches for some tasty eats.
Starting with the sweet stuff, some of the not-to-be-missed dishes this year include:
• Gelato Messina – ‘Kamikaze Katsu’, a deep-fried gelato katsu sandwich with sudachi lime gelato coated in red velvet cake and panko crumbs, sandwiched in fluffy white bread with yuzu sauce
• Waffleland – ‘Black Panda’, freshly baked waffle with black sesame maple syrup and icing sugar
• Black Star Pastry – ‘Strawberry Watermelon Cake’ – The original one and only – almond cake, rose cream, watermelon strawberries, rose petals
• N2 Gelato – ‘Strawberry Watermelon Soft Serve’, The Black Star Pastry Strawberry Watermelon Cake in soft serve form served in a waffle cone
Some of the not-to-be-missed savoury dishes this year include:
• Chur Burger – ‘Hoisin Goin Bro’, grilled beef, American cheese, lettuce, five-spice bacon, prawn cracker, aioli, hoisin bbq sauce, and rice wine pickle
• Chinese Dim Sum King – BBQ pork, chicken, sweet red bean buns
• Donburi Station – ‘Donburi beef or chicken’, famous Japanese stews on rice
• Korbq – Deep fried octopus coated in a crispy seasoned butter
• Poklol – ‘Chichi Fries’, bulgogi beef, chilli chicken or chilli pork served with beer battered fries with cheese, kimchi, shallots, Japanese mayo and a sweet Korean BBQ sauce
• Puffle – ‘KFC Cheese Puffle’, Korean fried chicken stuffed inside a cone-shaped egg-filled cheese waffle, topped with Japanese mayo and shallots
• Mr. Bao – ‘Gua Bao Trio’ – Crackling pork belly, Korean BBQ beef and Karaage chicken
• Original Korean Twist Potato – ‘Original Korean Twist Potato’, fresh potato, hand cut into a tornado shape, twisted on a stick, deep-fried and finished with various seasonings
• Sambal Kampung – Roti Canai with curry chicken
• Shallot Thai – chicken satay roti roll
• Little Kyoto X Pho Real – ‘Phoritto’, Vietnamese-style burritos
• Hoy Pinoy – ‘Cebu-style Lechon’, chopped and served on rice with atchara and spiced vinegar
• Teppanyaki Noodles – Authentic Yakisoba with sizzling chicken, beef or vegetables
• What The Pho – ‘Banh Xeo’, the Vietnamese street-food pancake with coconut flour, bean sprout, choice of meat, onion served with fish sauce and salad.
All that delicious food will be matched by entertainment, live DJs and music, with a host of interactive spaces to complete the experience. South Australian winery Brand’s Laira will bring the best of Coonawarra to Canberra with a pop-up Cellar Door, allowing guests to navigate the delectable Asian cuisine with a delicious glass of Brand’s Laira wine in hand. The Beer It’s Beautiful James Squire Night Terrace will share the diverse range of one of the best craft brands in the country on tap, while Pimm’s will be available from the beautiful Pimm’s bar.
Dates: 2 – 11 March
Weekdays from 5 pm
Weekends from 4 pm
Location: Reconciliation Place