Simon Corbell has put out this media release on the newly appointed members of the Canberra Central taskforce.
“This Taskforce brings together the chief executives of key ACT Government departments with a panel of highly experienced and well-regarded private sector representatives,” Mr Corbell said.
The non-Government appointees are:
* Jim Service, Chairman of ACTEW and the ActewAGL joint venture board; Mr Service has agreed to chair the Taskforce.
* Trevor Reddacliff, an urban renewal project management expert;
* John Hanna, a Canberra City retailer;
* Ross Barrett, president of the Master Builders Association, ACT Branch;
* Colin Stewart, a prominent Canberra architect, responsible for developing the Living City plan for developer and Canberra businessman, Terry Snow;
* Tim Efkarpidis, long-term Canberra property owner, retailer and developer.
* Susan Holliday, a private strategic planning consultant, former Chief Adviser to the National Capital Authority and former Director-General of Planning in New South Wales; and,
* Tania Parkes, Principal of Tania Parkes Consulting, a Canberra based social policy analyst with experience in consultation, research and evaluation.
“When I announced the Taskforce restructuring, I said it would comprise people of significant standing in the community, and the credentials of these people for this task are impeccable,” Mr Corbell said.