Need a hire car in the Canberra region? You’ve come to the right place.
We understand that everyone has different car hire needs – whether you’re a family of five kick-starting a two-week road trip or a sole businessperson visiting Canberra for a day or two. That’s why, after consulting local feedback, we’ve come up with a list of places to hire a car that tick all the boxes.
So, without further ado, here are the top three cars hire businesses in the region.
What makes a great place to hire a car?
Before we get into the top car hire places, let’s take a look at the traits that make the best in the business stand out from their competitors.
- Flexible pricing. As we mentioned above, you may be hiring a car for a whole host of reasons, whether that be a 14-day visit or a short 24-hour stopover. That’s why it’s essential for the car hire business that you choose to offer flexible pricing.
- A wide range of vehicles. Again, variety is key. You should be able to find a vehicle that’s comfortable, easy to drive, has the required number of seats, and falls within your budget.
- Convenient location. If you’re landing at the airport, you’ll probably need to hire a car from there. If not, you’ll probably want to collect your hire car from a location close to your accommodation
- A large fleet. If your car has broken down and needs repair, you may like to hire a car in the interim. The best places to hire a car have a large enough fleet to cater to any last-minute requests.
- Friendly service. Of course, your experience with a car hire business should be nothing but positive. Friendly service goes a long way.
The top three cars hire businesses in Canberra according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Here are our top picks for places to hire a car in the Canberra region.
Avis is one of the most trusted names in car rentals in Australia. Year after year, their dedication to quality products and exceptional service is recognised by both satisfied customers and industry associations. Bottom of Form
Offering a huge range of cars and trucks – from budget to luxury and everything in between – you’re sure to find the perfect vehicle for your needs.
Competitive rates, fast and friendly service, and a near unbeatable CBD location, Europcar Canberra City is one of the best places to hire a car in the region.
Europcar offers a super-simple three-step online booking system, so you can quickly and conveniently find and book the ideal car for your visit to Canberra.
Thrifty is yet another big name in car hire industry. Situated close to Canberra’s thriving city centre, adjacent to the main transit route of Northbourne Ave, Thrifty’s Canberra branch is a handy place to pick up your hire vehicle.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra Car Hire.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Where do you hire cars in Canberra? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.