This has been updated for September 2017
Is your little one’s birthday coming up? Are you looking for unique birthday party ideas in the Canberra region? You’ve landed in the right place.
After reading through our commenters’ feedback, we’ve put together a list of three super-fun birthday party ideas that are sure to make your child’s special day one to remember.
Let’s get right into it.
What to Consider when Planning a Kid’s Birthday Party
Planning a birthday party is more complex than it may seem. The best advice we can give you is to stay organised and avoid becoming overly stressed.
To do this, you’ll need to consider a few crucial factors as you embark on the party planning process. Here are the questions you must answer.
- When is the party? Is it two months away, or two weeks away? While not ideal, if it is just around the corner, don’t panic. Successful parties can be planned at short notice.
- How many kids and adults are you inviting? This will determine which venue and/or activity you chose.
- What is your budget? Again, this will influence where the party is held, what types of activities are available, and how many people you can invite. Once you set a budget, stick to it. Memorable kids’ parties don’t have to cost an arm and a leg.
- What kind of food do you want? Will you be serving lunch, or just snacks? Do any of the kids have allergies or intolerances?
- What kind of games will the kids play? Make a list of all the supplies you will need to facilitate the games.
- How much do you want to be involved? Do you want to organise food and games, or do you want a venue that takes care of that for you?
Once you have answered these key questions, you are well on your way to planning a successful birthday party. Next step – pick the venue.
2 Kids Birthday Party Ideas in Canberra Suggested by You
If you don’t have the room or facilities for a birthday party, or if you don’t want 20 over-excited children to run amuck in your home, you’ll need to find a suitable venue.
In addition to keeping your home clean, one of the main benefits of hosting a birthday party somewhere else is the range of unique activities and games available.
Here are two kids’ birthday party ideas in the Canberra region as recommended by our commenters.
Kid’s Food Pantry
Kid’s Food Pantry is Canberra’s only cooking school designed specifically for kids. In addition to their cooking and gardening classes, Kid’s Food Pantry hosts popular ‘Kids Cooking Parties’.
Over one and a half hours, kids cook, decorate, and eat a range of delicious party foods. As an added bonus, all leftovers are taken home to be shared with the whole family. The team at Kid’s Food Pantry host regular or character-themed birthday parties suitable for kids aged 1 to 13 and older.
Two of our commenters had fantastic experiences at Kid’s Food Pantry. Bad Seed wrote, “It is a really well run place with lots of staff that really take care of you (and are especially watchful over kids with allergies).” Kittykate agreed, adding, “My daughter had her 6th birthday party at Kid’s Food Pantry this morning. They had a great time making and decorating cupcakes while the parents had a sedate coffee. Would recommend it to anyone who was looking for something a little less manic.”
Belconnen Gymnastics Centre
Keep the kids active with a birthday party at the Belconnen Gymnastics Centre. Kids will have a blast navigating the obstacle courses and putting their balancing skills to the test.
What’s more, the staff are excellent with the kids. Parents are free to sit back and relax, or leap headfirst into the chaos of the foam pit. The choice is yours!
One commenter, dtc, had this to say about Belconnen Gymnastics Centre, “You do have to provide all your own food and drink and the eating room is spartan and small, but the kids have an absolutely fantastic time – and providing your own food means you have control.”
Your Experience with Kids’ Birthday Parties in Canberra
Have you had a fantastic party experience?
Let us know in the comments section below and we’ll add them to our list.