Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Avani Terraces - Greenway
Life is looking up

Kitchen fire gets away in Holder

By johnboy - 21 March 2011 0

A young man has been rushed to hospital with burns following a fire in Holder.

The ACT Fire Brigade responded to Hyndes Crescent after an emergency triple zero call just before 6:30pm.

Firefighters arrived to find a fire inside the lounge room of the property which was quickly extinguished.

The man was treated on scene by intensive care paramedics for burns to his face, neck and chest before being transported to the Canberra Hospital in a stable condition.

He told firefighters he was cooking food on the stove when it caught alight. He was attempting to remove the burning food from the property when he dropped in the lounge room.

The initial damage bill has been estimated at $10,000.

The ACT Fire Brigade reminds the community to never leave cooking food unattended and to always call emergency triple zero immediately if a fire starts.

7:18pm Sunday 20 March 2011

[Courtesy ESA]

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site