This just in:
The sixth annual Lift Off band comp will see Canberra bands CASTERS, Pleased to Jive You, Harley Quinn, Purity, Elision and Hearing Voices battle it out this Friday 8 November at Woden Youth Centre.
Bands are competing for a prize pack worth over $5000, which includes everything they need to launch themselves into the local music scene:
· A recording session at Infidel Studios
· Advertising with BMA magazine worth $1000
· A photo shoot of a live gig by Dan Luton Photography
· Graphic design of band merch or a CD cover by KTBX
· Marketing consultation and website development by Devil Moon
· A spot on the line up for Woden Valley Festival’s The Carnival.
The Lift Off final will be a festival-within-a-festival with market stalls, food, a huge live graffiti art wall. Lift Off is an all ages gig.
As a higlighted feature of the Woden Valley Festival for the past six years, Lift Off has been dedicated to providing young bands with professional performing experience, and 2013 sees the festival continue on this mission.