Canberra Pride presents SpringOUT 2013
A celebration of Queer culture in the Canberra Region. Topped and tailed by signature events Fairday 9 November and Bushdance 23 November, the two week festival is crammed with events for people of all ages to meet, watch, learn, flirt, cook, dance, swim, listen, discuss, network, sing, inquire, eat, drink and soak in the best of the ACT’s queer culture. Exciting highlights of SpringOUT 2013 include:
• Fairday Saturday 9 November Set in the leafy and shaded grounds of Westlund House. Colourful stalls, musicians, artists and fabulous food stands are spread around the green lawns of this hub for Canberra’s queer community.
• Victor Victoria Tuesday 12 November Screening of the classic 1982 musical comedy about gender perceptions, discrimination and the battle of the sexes.
• BAKE Saturday 16 November Deliciously good and heaps of fun! Grab those aprons and make a difference in the kitchen. Canberra’s inaugural LGBTI charity bake off.
• Wine Barr Sunday 17 November Deputy Chief Mnister Andrew Barr leads a tour of wineries in the Canberra region.
• Sally plays a gig Tuesday 19 November Concert by pianist Sally Whitwell whose most recent album of music by Michael Nyman won the 2013 ARIA Award for best classical album.
• QUILTBAGS: a queer night of storytelling Thursday 21 November Queer; Unidentified; Intersex; Lesbian; Transgender; Bisexual; Asexual; Gay; Straight. A group of generous Canberrans captivate their audience through the timeless tradition of storytelling.
• In conversation with Mark Tedeschi Saturday 23 November Crown Prosecutor Mark Tedeschi talks about one of the least known criminal trials in Australian legal history.
• Bushdance Saturday 23 November Bushdance at the Yarralumla Woolshed
There really is something for everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you to SpringOUT 2013.
Further information: David Sequeira 0414 583 723 Ben O’Reilly 0417 220 351