Simon Corbell has handed over the keys to three new intensive care ambulances.
“It is great to see another group of new vehicles commissioned for service in the ACT community that include state-of-the-art equipment hit the ACT’s roads,” Mr Corbell said.
“These intensive care vehicles will ensure that our front line ambulance professionals continue to have access to vehicles representing the highest standards of occupant safety and equipment.”
The new emergency Intensive Care ambulance vehicles have a range of impressive features including:
• New advanced LED lighting technology;
• New updated Mobile Data System including Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking;
• Integrated touch screens throughout the vehicle;
• New improved heating system to keep ACTAS staff and patients warm and improved air conditioning using the Mercedes climate control system;
• Improved energy efficiency to allow the vehicles electronics to shut down if not used for a period of time; and
• Improved stability control and collision air bag systems.
Simon plans to deliver five new ambulances over the next four years.