Instagram is our newest social media channel so we’ve been experimenting with what works and what doesn’t during 2016. Our occasional videos have been popular on the platform, but we’ve stuck with our top still images for this top ten. They’re a combination of shots taken by members of our team (mainly Business Manager Josh Mulrine and Editor Charlotte Harper) and photographs of others republished with permission (such as the sunset shots from Irma Gold and Bradley Van Damm) along with one historic Canberra image. If you haven’t already done so, please head on over to our Instagram page, like us, and tag us to share your photos with us so we can Regram them to our audience and fulfil one of our New Year’s Resolutions: to be more proactive and interactive on Instagram in 2017.
10. The bubbles are bigger in City Walk. Photo: Charlotte Harper; posted October 29
9. @bowie_and_jagger looking happy after their owners get a caffeine top up at @coffeelabcanberra at the @canberracentre; posted October 22
8. A photo of Bailey’s Corner taken decades ago; posted October 27
7. Lake George full of water with Fighter Jets flying over. Photo by Richard Boyce; posted November 19
6. It was a moment that needed to be captured, philanthropist Terry Snow leaning down to talk to Stasia Dabrowski, the 90-year-old soup kitchen founder who peels vegies for our poorest. Now the pair are finalists in separate categories in the ACT Australian of the Year Awards. Photo: Charlotte Harper; posted October 13
5. Browsing the outdoor library in Garema Place this weekend as part of #backyardexperiment by @context_landscape for the International Festival of Landscape Architecture. #landscapearchitecture #canberracity #canberra #CBR #notinmybackyard Photo: Charlotte Harper; posted October 29
4. This pic of last night’s stunning sunset was taken by the multi-talented curator of Manuka Oval, Bradley Van Damm. Can create and maintain world class cricket grounds, can take photos! Posted December 7
3. Gorgeous Canberra sunset. Photo: @irma.gold; posted December 7
2. What a perfect day for the first @manukapool swim of the summer (not too late to head down, they’re open till 7pm). Photo: Charlotte Harper; posted November 20
1. Perfect place to spend your weekend at the Yarralumla Yacht Club. Photo: Josh Mulrine; posted December 3
Our top ten series continues tomorrow, with the most clicked on Ask RiotACT articles of 2016. In the meantime, we look forward to seeing your Instagram snaps of tonight’s New Year’s Eve celebrations.