1. The police inform us that two teenagers from Curtin and Narrabundah were caught yesterday allegedly trying to steal a Hyundai Excel from Constitution Avenue.
Someone called it in and the police got there so quickly they nabbed the lads still in the car park. So nice work by all concerned.
- The two youths will face the ACT Children’s Court tomorrow (July 17); the 14-year-old charged with taking a motor vehicle without consent, the 15-year-old with riding in a motor vehicle without consent.
2. They’re also letting us know that the new RAPID system (Recognition and Analysis of Plates IDentified, glad I wasn’t in that meeting) has found 45 unregistered vehicles and 26 defectives.
- In two days (Tuesday, July 15, and Wednesday, July 16), 4070 vehicles were checked by the RAPID system. RAPID is now in regular use by Traffic Operations throughout the ACT.
The following results were noted:
· 45 unregistered vehicles detected;
· 16 uninsured vehicles detected;
· 31 persons found with licence issues (either suspended, inactive or unlicensed);
· 28 Traffic Infringement Notices issued;
· 26 defect notices issued (major and minor).
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
On a brighter note 1956 RBT’s found no positive readings.