1. Apparently ACT Policing’s visit to the Cooma tip was productive:
- Police investigating the death of a 43-year-old woman at Charnwood in late July have located a number of items of interest to the investigation.
These items were recently recovered from a property in north Canberra and from the Cooma Tip. All of these items will undergo forensic testing.
As this matter is currently before court, ACT Policing is not in a position to elaborate further.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
- ACT Policing arrested a 49-year-old man after conducting a search warrant at an Isabella Plains property yesterday evening (September 25).
Police attended the Werriwa Crescent address around 7pm and seized a small quantity of crystalline substance suspected to be methyl amphetamine, a small quantity of material suspected to be cannabis and a sawn-off pistol grip shot gun.
The alleged male offender has been charged with the possession of an illegal substance and a number of firearms offences. He was bailed from the Regional Watch House and will be summoned to appear before the ACT Magistrates Court at a later date.
3. The wheels of justice grind slowly, but exceedingly fine. A Melbourne man is coming back to Canberra to account for Summernats crimes.
- A Melbourne man will be extradited to the ACT today (Friday September 26) to face court over an alleged assault at the Summernats car festival earlier this year.
The 25-year-old was arrested at his Kings Park residence yesterday (September 25) by AFP officers and taken to the Melbourne Magistrates Court, where an application was made for his extradition to the ACT.
The extradition was granted and the alleged offender was held overnight at the Melbourne Custody Centre.
Two detectives from Territory Investigations Group will accompany the alleged offender to the ACT, where he will face court later today on a charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.