From Bluey to Canberra landmarks, and from the Oscars to the Grammys, put your knowledge to the test in this week’s Ken Behrens quiz.
WARNING: This has been updated with the answers at the bottom. Don’t peek!
- A word I know, six letters it contains. Subtract just one, and 12 is what remains. What’s the word?
- Only one state has not produced a Prime Minister. Which state is it?
- Meningitis affects which part of the body?
- The National Carillon was a gift from which overseas government?
- Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia all border which country?
- Mount Cook is the tallest mountain in which island country?
- Which food shares its name with a sticky situation?
- In which Disney movie would you hear the famous quote: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all”?
- Which 2008 Christos Tsiolkas book was turned into an ABC TV series in 2011?
- In which category did Australian Greg Fraser win an Oscar?
- Portuguese Man-Of-War, Upside-Down, and Lion’s Mane are species of which marine creature?
- Which Australian act won the Grammy for best dance/electronic recording with their track “Alive”?
- Fresh from retiring from tennis, Ash Barty won a title in which sport this week?
- Tico the Squirrel and Benny the Bull appear in which kids’ TV series?
- Today is World Health Day. The sun contains which vitamin that promotes good health?
- Palm Sunday is this weekend. Palm Sunday commemorates Jesus’ entry into which biblical city?
- In which Canberra suburb would you find Atlas Cafe, The ‘G’ Spot, and Le Bon Mélange Café?
- What road crosses over Scrivener Dam?
- Which is higher: the value of the national art collection or the net worth of Australia’s richest person, Gina Rinehart?
- What breed of dog is Bluey?
2. South Australia
4. British Government
6. New Zealand
9. The Slap
10. Best Cinematography
12. Rufus Du Sol
14. Dora the Explorer
18. Lady Denman Drive
19. Gina Rinehart
20. Australian Cattle Dog