The Refugee Action Committee, alongside several interstate groups, are rallying outside Parliament House on Monday 18th November at 1pm to show our opposition to how this and previous governments have treated refugees displaced by war and persecution.
There will also be an encirclement of Parliament House at 11am. Come along and lend your support.
– End detention of refugees
– Increase annual intake of refugees to at least 30,000
– End peremptory screening and deportation
– Quick and fair processing of asylum applications
– Right to work and study
– Permanent residence and family reunion, not TPVs
– Safe transport to Australia for refugees in the region