I realise this has been touched on in the past, however I didn’t find a lot of the answers I was looking for, so here we are again.
For reasons inconsequential, Mrs Bendross and I will be leaving our house and sticking it on the rental market. For more reasons inconsequential, we will be going through an agent and not doing it privately. So I look to the hivemind for advice.
– What are typical charges? The average is 1 weeks’ rent up-front, $130 to advertise on a bunch of sites incl. Allhomes and 8.5-8.8%.
– Do you allow pets? As renters we had two dogs in tow most of the time and we’ve had them in this house. I’d like to keep the karma flowing, but karma can blow me if their German Shepherd is gonna ruin my house.
– Any agents to aim at or steer clear of? We’re in the deep, dark south so anything north of the lake seems fruitless.
– Specialist property managers vs garden-variety real estate agents?
– Anything else to look out for?
Thanks for your assistance.