Canberran singer-songwriter Lisa Richards is set to launch her new record I Got A Story at Smith’s Alternative this Friday. Recorded in New York City in 2019, it charts a globe-trotting journey of human connection. Be sure to book in early for this intimate event.
Earlier in the week on Thursday, Smith’s is being overtaken by some of the city’s hardest-hitting rock bands for the aptly named ROCKSMITHS. Red Door, Highland Light and Trace will all be taking to the stage from 7:30 pm with presale tickets available now.
City Renewal Authority’s Lunchbox Acoustic series is continuing this week as well. Mauritian singer-songwriter Dimitri Rosalie will be performing on City Walk from 12:00 pm on Wednesday and electro-pop artist LIV LI will appear on Thursday.
- Dimitri Rosalie: Lunchbox Acoustic @ City Walk – 12:00 pm
- Beethoven and Friends @ Wesley Music Centre – 12:40 pm
- Old Timey Wednesday @ Smith’s Alternative – 3:30 pm
- Live Jazz: Barrelhouse Bootleg Trio @ Molly – 6:00 pm
- Karaoke Night @ 88mph – 8:00 pm
- Rough as Guts @ Hippo Co – 8:00 pm.
- LIV LI: Lunchbox Acoustic @ City Walk – 12:00 pm
- Girls Jazz Open Rehearsal @ ANU School of Music – 5:00 pm
- Greg Stott Trio @ National Press Club – 6:00 pm
- Julius @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 6:00 pm
- ROCKSMITHS: Red Door, Trace, Highland Light @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:00 pm
- Molly House Band @ Molly – 9:30 pm.
- Canberra Soul Club & The Soul Defender: Lunchbox Acoustic @ Garema Place – 12:00 pm
- Steve Amosa @ Hopscotch – 4:00 pm
- Acoustic Fridays @ Hotel Kurrajong – 4:30 pm
- Reinhold Kamilo @ Public Manuka – 5:00 pm
- Barb B @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 5:00 pm
- Sally Marett Trio @ National Press Club – 6:00 pm
- Jimmy Plants and the Kashmir Pants @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- The Sunbears @ Austrian Australian Club – 7:30 pm
- Canberra Symphony Orchestra: Spring Sojourn @ Wesley Music Centre – 7:30 pm
- Blakout with Springout-Northside @ Boardwalk Bar & Nightclub – 7:30 pm
- Marvell @ The Well – 8:00 pm
- The Dirty Sunflowers Single Launch w/ Eden Plenty, Audrey Baker @ Smith’s Alternative – 8:00 pm
- Chad Croker @ The Lighthouse Pub – 9:00 pm
- FEEL ft Choomba @ Fiction – 9:00 pm.
- Mr Tim and the Fuzzy Elbows @ Smith’s Alternative – 11:00 am
- Canberra Symphony Orchestra: Spring Sojourn @ Government House – 1:00 pm
- Inner West Reggae Disco Machine @ Old Canberra Inn – 2:00 pm
- Sugar Ray @ Hopscotch – 3:00 pm
- Wondertwins @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 6:00 pm
- Josh Pyke, Kim Yang @ Fiction Club – 6:00 pm
- Rage Against The Machine Tribute Show @ The Basement – 6:00 pm
- Josh Veneris @ Public Manuka – 6:30 pm
- Blakout with Springout-Southside @ Tuggeranong Arts Centre – 6:30 pm
- Lisa Richards: ‘I Got A Story’ CD Launch @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:00 pm
- Modern Relics @ Rose Cottage – 8:00 pm
- Nick Rigby @ Lighthouse Pub – 9:00 pm.
- Canberra Blues Society Blues Jam @ Harmonie German Club – 1:00 pm
- Renae Stone @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 2:00 pm
- Eshan Dean @ Edgar’s Inn – 3:00 pm
- A Taste of Sunday In The Park: Slow Dial, Kilroy @ Haig Park – 3:00 pm
- CJ Shaw @ Smith’s Alternative – 4:00 pm
- Jack Biilmann @ Old Canberra Inn – 4:00 pm
- Sonik Sessions w/ Maina Doe @ sideway – 6:00 pm
- CJ Shaw @ Smith’s Alternative – 6:00 pm
- CJ Shaw @ Smith’s Alternative – 8:00 pm.