Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

We'll switch your business
to Led lighting for Free*

Smoke in the John Gorton building

By johnboy - 22 November 2013 0

ACT Fire & Rescue has extinguished a small fire in a dishwasher on the fourth floor of the John Gorton Building on Parkes Place in Parkes.

1800 people were safely evacuated from the building and are now returning to the lower floors.

Crews are now conducting ventilation and atmospheric monitoring.

No injuries reported.

Two fire pumpers, the Breathing Apparatus Van, The Bronto Skylift Hydraulic Platform, Hazardous Materials Unit and two Command Officer are responding.

1:35 PM

[Courtesy ESA]

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site