Every three months we let you into where our reader numbers are at, what people are looking at and what they’re searching for.
So, comparing Quarter Three of 2011 to that of 2010 in Google Analytics the numbers are looking good!
Visits: 897,610, up 38% from 649,361 a year ago.
Pageviews: 2,929,962, up 69% from last year’s 1,731,434.
Absolute Unique Visitors: 311,125, up 25% from 248,998 in 2011.
While we’ve got you here, we’ll try and constrain our begging for your affirmation via other social media to a minimum, but if you do want to enjoy Riot content on Twitter or Facebook here’s how.
- — Headlines for all our stories go onto our Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/#!/The_RiotACT
(But note we don’t monitor replies)
— If you want to talk to me on Twitter then you need to go here: http://twitter.com/#!/Griffiths_John
— Plus you can nail your colours to the mast on Facebook and tell the world you like us.
So much for vacuous buzzword laden flim flam. Nothing says love like cold hard cash. So if you’re liking what you get from RiotACT then upgrade your membership and put your money where your mouth is (as well as become eligible for awesome giveaways).
And now the bit you’ve all been waiting for.
The top 20 stories this quarter were:
- 1. Truck convoy into Canberra –Monday 22 August-FYI
2. I came, I saw, I Costco’d
3. Nasty roll on the parkway caused by jerk.
4. Rumours from the death in Braddon
5. Mitchell factory fire. ESA Reports of the major emergency.
6. Convoy of unreal Australians. Express disagreement with “realAustralians”.
7. Are You Ready? We want your convoy photos and video
8. Do you know these vandals? Pictures of sculpture defacers.
9. Mitchell fire. Your pictures and video
10. Wedding etiquette in Canberra?
11. Seditious bogans should swing for this
12. The lies of the crazy gang. Things we can learn from the Convoy
13. Land Cruiser road raging on a bus
14. Australia Post Contractors Not Attempting Delivery
15. Three ring circus camped on Northbourne Avenue
16. Canberra Centre Carparking slugs the regulars in one go
17. Is Civic Dying?
18. Costco Opening This Month!
19. Arrest made in Death in Braddon case.
20. Top parking at Bunnings. Images of Canberra.
And now, the one the chattering classes are all waiting for (in the hope their names appear) here are the top 100 searches which which brought readers to RiotACT in the last quarter:
- 1. RiotACT (and variations beyond number)
2. john harrington canberra
4. mitchell fire
5. erin molan
7. jeremy paul
8. encore pizza florey
9. joel monaghan
10. car detailing canberra
11. red hill lookout cafe
12. vietnamese erindale
13. truck convoy canberra
14. double glazing canberra
15. months drive
16. brand depot
17. griffith vietnamese
18. disposal stores canberra
19. mt franklin chalet
20. johnboy banned from wig and pen
21. liang zhao
22. majura parkway
23. john phillip harrington
24. anna napoli
25. freestyle tattoo canberra
27. kathryn grosvenor
28. bulk billing doctors canberra
29. englobo group canberra
30. top 20 suburbs in australia
31. truck blockade canberra
32. central cafe gungahlin
33. costco canberra opening date
35. pilates canberra
36. the workers
37. canberra streaky bacon
38. honeysuckle creek camp grounds
39. florey pizza
40. hyatt high tea canberra
41. woman smuggled drugs into jail canberra
43. cotter dam
44. jennifer laidley
45. cooking classes canberra
46. syria protest canberra parliament house
47. canberra news
48. cougar computers canberra
49. truck convoy
50. ice skating in civic
51. fish shack canberra
52. rebecca massey
53. galaxy casino canberra
54. dylan moran canberra
55. why do they close mt franklin road
56. floury primary school
57. red herring cafe canberra
58. “act brakes” review
59. sports alive
60. corin forest snow 2011
61. kuringa drive, fraser
62. doherty canberra
63. double glazed windows canberra
64. wig and pen for sale canberra
65. avenue q canberra
66. phillip tu
67. tidbinbilla winter driving
68. black pepper manuka
69. glenloch finished
70. phillip medical centre
71. u brew it
72. corinbank 2011
73. “real estate shop” rating
74. bulk billing doctors act
75. furniture canberra
76. life x 3 canberra
77. adina cirson
78. canberra gechos
79. dermatologist canberra
80. westbourne woods
81. smoking in cars with children
82. turkish grocery store canberra
83. just rite fire
84. cotter beast
85. tuggeranong wood heaters ban
86. fish and chips canberra
87. kambah pool
89. avenue q canberra 2011
90. slot car racing fyshwick
91. taylor lewis schmidt
92. rao murder
93. financial advisor canberra
94. amber jane westin
95. digress restaurant canberra
96. ainslie village
97. best breakfast in canberra
98. pete and biggzy
99. fig and olive
100. zoo bakh do