Police have arrested a 15-year-old boy for the fourth time in seven weeks, after he was allegedly involved in an incident in Belconnen.
Officers received a report of a “near miss” crash due to dangerous driving involving a Skoda Octavia on Thursday (16 February).
The witness gave police a description of the vehicle and an image of the driver.
Operation TORIC investigators confirmed the Skoda had been stolen that morning and the alleged driver was a known recidivist offender.
The Skoda was found about 6 pm at a MacGregor home, where three teens were seen walking away from the vehicle.
The teens boarded a Transport Canberra bus, which was stopped by police and the three teens were arrested.
Police said all three were in breach of existing bail conditions as ordered by the court.
One of the teenagers, a 15-year-old boy, was charged with driving a motor vehicle without consent and being an unlicensed driver.
ACT Policing said this wasn’t the first time he had faced such offences.
“He was previously involved in a collision in late December 2022 resulting in injuries to an innocent driver and was charged with seven offences following that incident,” a statement alleged.
Police said the teen had allegedly been involved in a “significant pursuit” earlier this month and was charged with 13 offences.
He was also allegedly found to be in breach of bail conditions earlier this week, and received bail.
In all, police said the 15-year-old had been arrested four times, and was now before the courts on a total of 24 offences, including allegedly breaching his bail four times.
Anyone who witnessed or who has dash-cam footage of dangerous driving by a grey Skoda Octavia wagon on Thursday (16 February) has been urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
We need recall elections... Whatever you call this, it isn't democracy and it isn't working View