Whether you’re after a video to promote a new business venture, want someone to film an awards night you’ve organised, or are looking to capture every magical moment of your wedding day, you need a videographer.
A videographer specialises in recording live events and producing videos. Their work may span events (i.e. weddings, awards ceremonies), advertisements, and even corporate productions like training and explainer videos.
But with so many videographers to choose from, how do you know you’re making the right choice? To help make your decision easier, we’ve compiled a list of the top videographers in the Canberra region.
Let’s get started.
What makes a great videographer?
If you’re thinking about hiring a videographer, we recommend keeping the following in mind.
- Attention to detail. Choosing a videographer who is meticulous about detail will likely result in a final product that looks polished and professional (i.e. smooth transitions, seamless cuts, in-focus subject matter etc.)
- Technical expertise. A great videographer understands every component that goes into the perfect shot, from lighting and composition to viewpoints and angles. Review samples of their work and read client testimonials to confirm that a prospective videographer’s work meets the mark.
- Specialisation. Some videographers specialise in wedding videos. Others might do launch videos, work mostly with large corporate clients or prefer event-based gigs. Choose a videographer whose specialty aligns with your needs.
- Up to date with the latest technology. From editing software to cameras and even drones, videographers work with technical equipment that becomes obsolete quickly. For the best outcome, look for a videographer who is comfortable with a range of technologies – and who doesn’t mind changing their approach or technique when a better technology comes along.
- Offers both production and post-production. Production (the actual filming of the video) and post-production (work that takes place after filming is complete, like editing) are essential components in any video project. For a seamless experience, look for a videographer who can both film and take care of the post-production.
The top videographers in Canberra – according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Founded by George Tsotsos in 2013, Canberra Film produces authentic creative content. Its client list includes WIN News Canberra, Australian Defence Force Academy, UNSW, Lockheed Martin, ACT Health, End2End Events and the CIO Network.
George is ready to film your wedding video, event, advertisement, music video or corporate film. With a keen interest in motion graphics and other visual effects, he can also help you produce everything from basic infograms to detailed VFX scenes for film.
Do you want warmer leads and higher conversions? Josh and the team at Digital Content Studios have the videography skills, experience and equipment to help you get more customers through the doors.
Based in Queanbeyan, Digital Content Studios specialises in video content marketing, video sales automation and live streaming. It’s also the region’s only full-scale content warehouse – complete with glamour room, green room, two-storey white fashion cyclorama and black film zone.
Client Robert shared his experience working with Digital Content Studios as a Facebook review: “Josh and his team are fantastic at crafting a visual message that is relevant to our audience. They rip in and get it done. Thx Guys.”
If it’s a wedding videographer you need, contact Anthea and Lyndon. They’re a wedding photography and videography duo who believe that investing in beautiful videography is investing in the future. Anthea and Lyndon go above and beyond to create touching films that you can treasure for years to come. Their work is emotive, cinematic, and professionally finished.
Client Ash shared their experience on Google Reviews: “Anthea and Lyndon did an absolutely amazing job photographing our wedding at Parlour in Canberra. They were accommodating, understanding, relaxed and worked with us prior to ensure we were happy with the plan for the day.”
Plum Media Group produces creative, effective and affordable commercials, with deep experience in all areas of production including location shooting and digital post production. It also offers video production for marketing, education, training and entertainment, as well as photography and graphic design.
The storytellers behind Say Hello to Forever are passionate about capturing the most precious moments of their clients’ wedding days. From the vows to intimate behind-the-scenes interactions, Say Hello to Forever preserves your special day in an artful professionally crafted video.
Its small team of videographers keep out-of-shot and try their best to be unobtrusive. You, your partner, and your loved ones are captured naturally, creating a unique and authentic finished product.
Client Damien shared this glowing review of Say Hello to Forever’s videography services: “They were unbelievable, incredibly talented people. We met with them a few times before the wedding and they got the highlights video and speeches back to us pretty much straight away, They were really professional.”
Your experience with videographers in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the videography businesses listed above? Share your feedback in the comments below.