The prestigious Women & Leadership Symposium is taking place in Canberra on Thursday 5 July at Hyatt Hotel with a phenomenal line up of speakers. The event is being hosted by Women & Leadership Australia (WLA), a national initiative that supports the higher representation of women leaders in the Australian workforce, business and the broader community.
With over 50,000 women having participated with WLA since its inaugural forum in 2003, it’s now the biggest gender-focused leadership initiative in Australia. They empower women through advisory services, ongoing research, professional development programs and networking channels.
Their philosophy is that women represent a very large, and under-utilised national resource. This belief has been at the foundation of the initiative’s activities which have produced both economic and cultural benefits through women taking on more leadership positions.
The Women’s Leadership Symposium in Canberra this Thursday has a phenomenal line-up of aspiring and accomplished female leaders that will reflect on their own journeys and explore leadership, career development and life. The event delegates will have exposure to state-of-the-art leadership thinking as well as trends in current and international leadership and career issues. Delegates will have the opportunity to grow their networks far beyond their industries and local communities and to develop lasting relationships with like-minded women. There will be a panel discussion on leveraging growth opportunities for female talent. The event is designed for delegates to come away from it better equipped and empowered for their development and future.
The Symposium is the place to learn, share and grow with an inspiring line up of highly impressive speakers that include:
- Annabel Crabb – Chief Online Political Writer, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Catherine Fox – Journalist, Author and Presenter
- Katrina Webb OAM – Triple Paralympic Gold Medalist and Business Woman
- Rachelle Towart OAM – CEO, Pipeline Talent
- Professor Brian Schmidt – Vice-Chancellor and President, Australian National University
- Leanne Close APM – Deputy Commissioner Operations, Australian Federal Police
- Dai Le – Culturalpreneur and Founder, DAWN
- Lisa Dart – President, ACT Chapter, The National Association of Women in Construction
- Gillian Bradford – Managing Editor, Parliament House, ABC News
- Iain Anderson – Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Secretary, Civil Justice and Corporate Group, Attorney-General’s Department
Major General Simone Wilkie AO, Commander, Australian Defence College, will be acknowledged as the Australian Capital Territory winner of the 2018 Australian Award for Excellence in Women’s Leadership.
To book tickets for the Symposium, click here.