This week’s The RiotACT Gig Guide features Guyy & The Fox, some of Canberra’s hardest working folkies, who will be playing on Wednesday as part of Acoustic Pints, alongside The Lowlands, Cam Byers and Endrey. As many know, The Phoenix needs your support, so get along to the show from 8 pm!
It’s still summer holidays, but there are still a couple of shows to get along to this weekend including Melbourne’s SUDS hitting up the Phoenix alongside local favourites Slagatha Christie and Leisure Suit Lenny, on this Friday from 8 pm. Joe Filisko and Eric Noden bring their Chicago roots sound to Australia this Saturday at Smith’s Alternative, bringing their “toe-tapping music” to the nation’s capital from 7 pm. Before then, CBR’s sax guru Nick Combe will be back in town for a casual jam at Smith’s, while Transit is putting on a huge show featuring Wesley & The Crushers, Blissphorus, Local Horror and Beta Blockers.
- One Up, Two Down w/ Rachel Baiman @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Acoustic Pints: The Lowlands, Guyy & The Fox, Cam Byers and Endrey @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Thursday Jazz – Wayne Kelly & Angela Lount @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- SUDS, Slagatha Christie and Leisure Suit Lenny @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- 3 Necks, 2 Necks feat. Harry Tinney @ Smith’s Alternative, 8 – 9 pm
- Illusify presents Jaytech w/ local support TBA @ Transit Bar, 8.30 pm start
- Nick Combe’s Free Jam w/ Karim @ Smith’s Alternative, 4.30 – 6.30 pm
- Joe Filisko & Eric Noden @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- Wesley & The Crushers, Blissphorus, Local Horror and Beta Blockers @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- Mogadishu Family Band @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 – 11.30 pm
- Sunday Jazz Jam @ Smith’s Alternative, 1.30 – 4 pm
- Mal Webb and Kylie Morrigan @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- BANG!! BENG!! BING!! BONG!! BUNG!! feat. special guest Alec Randles @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 10 pm
Check out our Gig Guide for upcoming world-class live music showcasing local talents, Australian artists, and international musical acts at some of the best venues in the country. Find out about the latest gallery and exhibition openings, new restaurants, all-day cultural events, family-friendly activities, and so much more. There truly is something on offer for everyone, no matter what tastes and interests you have.
Our What’s On page details the shows, events, and activities taking place over the coming days. We make it easy to plan your week, with all of the vital information in one place: when, where, who, and why.
So, get your diary ready and start making plans. It’s time to explore Canberra’s lively events calendar, and get the most out of life in our wonderful city.