Dalmacia is a name you may have seen around town quite a bit over the last year or so. Merging a bit of funk with a bit of grunge, Dalmacia are a perfect nod to ’90s alt-rock and have been playing shows all over the place for the last couple of years. Check them out at Live At The Slovo – on at The Slovenian Club – with Slow Dial and Lefty.
One of Australia’s biggest indie rock bands Camp Cope will be back in town after what only seems like a couple of weeks, playing with Chastity Belt at The Basement from 7.30 pm on Wednesday. On Friday the big names continue, with Queanbeyan rap legend Omar Musa playing with Birdz on their Voodoo Laksa tour at Transit Bar from 8 pm, while the UC Refectory host The Smith Street Band from 8 pm with opening acts Bec Sandridge and Press Club.
Tonnes happening Saturday! The Pot Belly is slowing gathering momentum as a live music venue again, with the sensational reggae band The Kingstons playing with The Get Downs and The Blade Winner from 8 pm. Outrageous Brisbane stoner rock group Death By Carrot will be playing the Transit Bar with Hopeless Youth Group and others from 8 pm, while the Phoenix hosts Woolongong’s HOON with Slagatha Christie, Sign’s & Symbols and Lefty.
- Camp Cope w/ Chastity Belt @ The Basement, 7.30 pm start
- The Butterfly Effect w/ Rival Fire and Osaka Punch @ Hellenic Club, 7 pm start
- Piss Weak Karaoke w/ Chris Endrey @ The Phoenix, 9 pm start
- Mitch Grainger @ Harmonie German Club, 7 pm start
- Kallidad @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 9 pm
- The Voodoo Laksa Tour: Birdz and Omar Musa w/ Jedbrii @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- The Smith Street Band w/ Bec Sandridge and Press Club @ UC Refectory, 8 pm start
- Steve Smyth @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Los Chavos @ The Phoenix, 9 pm start
- The Djangologists w/ The Gypsy Jazz Project @ Smith’s Alternative, 3 – 6 pm
- Highway 88 launch: Leo Joseph w/ Angela Lount @ Beyond Q Books, 4 pm start
- Reaper, Pestilent Doom, Mattersphere and Storm @ The Basement, 7 pm start
- Live At The Slovo: Slow Dial, Dalmacia and Hopeless Youth Group @ The Slovenian Club, 8 pm start
- Death By Carrot w/ Hopeless Youth Group, Second Sun and Of Wolf And Ocean @ Transit Bar, 8 pm start
- The Kingstons, The Get Downs and The Blade Winner @ The Pot Belly, 8 pm start
- HOON w/ Slagatha Christie, Signs & Symbols and Lefty @ The Phoenix, 8 pm start
- Shearers’ Ball w/ Paverty Bush Band @ Yarralumla Woolshed, 8 pm start
- The Stevenson Experience @ The Street Theatre, 8.30 pm start
- Michael Hurley @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 pm start
- Sunday Jazz Jam @ Smith’s Alternative, 1.30 pm start
- Tessa Devine @ Old Canberra Inn, 4 – 7 pm
- Groove Warehouse Sunday Session @ Smith’s Alternative, 4 – 6 pm
- Couch Collective: Songwriters Challenge Concert presented by Lisa Richards @ Smith’s Alternative, 6.30 – 7.30 pm
- Phil and Trudy Edgeley w/ The Barren Spinsters @ Smith’s Alternative, 8 pm start
- Capital Club @ Smith’s Alternative, 9.30 – 10.30 pm
- BANG!! BENG!! BING!! BONG!! BUNG!! @ Smith’s Alternative, 7 – 10 pm
Check out our Gig Guide for upcoming world-class live music showcasing local talents, Australian artists, and international musical acts at some of the best venues in the country. Find out about the latest gallery and exhibition openings, new restaurants, all-day cultural events, family-friendly activities, and so much more. There truly is something on offer for everyone, no matter what tastes and interests you have.
Our What’s On page details the shows, events, and activities taking place over the coming days. We make it easy to plan your week, with all of the vital information in one place: when, where, who, and why.
So, get your diary ready and start making plans. It’s time to explore Canberra’s lively events calendar, and get the most out of life in our wonderful city.