UPDATED: There’s light at the end of the tunnel, with the ACT Government releasing its roadmap back to normality, but we still have a few more weeks of life in lockdown.
If you are struggling to keep your grey matter exercised and want to while away a little more time at home, how about testing your general knowledge?
Make it a household challenge, or take it on as a team – warning, we have now updated this article with the answers at the bottom.
This week’s Ken Behrens quiz takes a look at new music, some Canberra secrets and some BIG things!
- Which of the following is not an Australian “Big Thing”? The Big Earthworm – Bass VIC, The Big Blue Bottle – Miriam Vale QLD, or The Big Milkshake – Warrnambool VIC
- What did Dr Cyril Callister, the namesake for Callister Street in Theodore, invent?
- Alice is the name of which public artwork found on Belconnen Way?
- Which movie from 1993 set in Texas, stars Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, Rory Cochrane, Adam Goldberg, and Jason London?
- Patrick Clifton is the full name of which children’s character?
- Which Canberran cricketer has the highest One Day International Batting Average of any retired cricketer and played for Weston Creek?
- Which band wrote the song Pick You Up while staying at Lyneham Motor Inn?
- Inspired by a Star Wars character, what is the name of the bus traveling around regional Victoria providing free COVID vaccinations?
- Robert and William were the first names of which famous 1800s Australian explorers?
- What is the nickname of Canberra’s team in the Australian Ice Hockey League?
- What internet service for tracking human exercise was created in 2009 and incorporates social network features?
- What unit of time can be expressed at 1,209,600 seconds?
- Queer Eye visited which Australian town in 2018?
- In terms of elevation, what is the tallest mountain within the urban boundaries of Canberra?
- I Still Have Faith in You and Don’t Shut Me Down are the latest releases from which band?
- What suburb in Canberra is both named after an Australian Scientist as well as having streets named after Australian Scientists?
- Which 1983 book written by Mem Fox focuses on Grandma Poss and Hush?
- Which stadium has a larger capacity: Manuka Stadium or Canberra Stadium?
- The dangers of sex, drugs, alcohol, the internet and bad food were taught to most primary school children by which tall mammal?
- One of the lead singers from which band wrote the Greater Western Sydney Giants theme song, The Big Big Sound?
ANSWERS: Don’t peek before you’ve taken the quiz!
- The Big Blue Bottle – Miriam Vale, QLD.
- Belconnen Owl
- Dazed and Confused
- Postman Pat.
- Michael Bevan
- Jabba the Bus
- Burke and Wills
- Canberra Brave
- A fortnight
- Mount Majura
- Possum Magic
- Canberra Stadium
- Healthy Harold
- The Cat Empire