We are officially on the road to summer after passing through the winter solstice and the year’s shortest day. Warm up and maybe enjoy a cuppa as you attempt this week’s Ken Behrens Quiz.
- What is the largest ski resort in the southern hemisphere?
- True or false: the original James Bond novels and Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang were written by the same author?
- Winter Banana is a variety of what fruit?
- Yothu Yindi won the 1992 ARIA Song of the year for what track?
- As part of her 70th Jubilee celebrations, Queen Elizabeth revealed a marmalade sandwich from her handbag as part of a sketch with which childhood character?
- Prior to her engagement, Meghan Markle was most known for her work on which TV show?
- According to Trip Advisor, in 2019, which European attraction was the most-booked tourist attraction in the world?
- Friday night’s Women’s Rugby League State of Origin game is being held at which stadium?
- Which country has a higher population: Italy or South Korea?
- Gavin Wanganeen was the first Indigenous Australian player to play 300 games in the AFL, for what two clubs?
- Which state has the longest maximum jail time sentence for streaking?
- Justin Bieber has put his career on hold over health complications involving what condition?
- In which country would you find the oldest consecutive monarchy that has the same bloodline as its founder, from 660BC?
- In what year did the Battle of Hastings occur?
- Which country has won the most medals at the Winter Olympics?
- Which TV show stars Joel McKinnon Miller, Dirk Blocker, Andre Braugher, Joe Lo Truglio, Melissa Fumero, Stephanie Beatriz, Chelsea Peretti, Terry Crews and Andy Samberg?
- Kate Bush’s 1985 song Running Up That Hill is having ARIA singles chart success for the first time after it was featured in what TV series?
- What sometimes frustrating old web browser was officially ‘retired’ last week?
- The Socceroos have made it through to the World Cup after a thrilling penalty shootout victory. What are people nicknaming keeper Andrew Redmayne?
- Which suburb of Canberra is further north: Aranda or Florey?
5. Paddington Bear
7. Colosseum, Rome
8. Canberra Stadium
10. Essendon (127) and Port Adelaide (173)
12.Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
16. Brooklyn 99
17. Stranger things
18. Internet Explorer
19. Grey Wiggle