Football Federation Australia will be in Canberra on Monday 10th November to engage with key stakeholders as part of the Whole of Football Plan consultation process. The meeting will be held in the West Lounge at Canberra Stadium at 6:30pm.
RSVP is essential. Please register your intent to attend at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no registration fee and everyone is welcome to attend.
The Whole of Football Plan, which was announced by FFA CEO David Gallop in September during his ‘State of the Game’ address, aims to improve all levels of the sport, from the grassroots to the elite levels, to eventually make football the biggest and most popular game in Australia.
The consultation process will seek to gain insights from all stakeholders regarding all facets of football, including:
- Elite player and coach development
- National teams
- Community football
- Facilities development
- National competitions
- Fan connections
- Commercial revenues
In David Gallop’s recent address he introduced his intention to create a National Plan for football. As part of his “Plan” he stated that it was his intention to lead a “major consultation” of all of footballs stakeholders. Now, David Gallop is coming to Canberra to listen to you. This is your chance to contribute to the National Plan.
The FFA want to hear your opinions on what the game of Football should be doing to make Football the most popular sport in Australia. Conversation topics include:
- The cost of football
- The governance of football
- Grassroots facilities, referees and coaches
- The development of elite youth players
- What should we be trying to achieve with the national team
- What should our elite competitions look like (Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League)
- How do we grow the supporter base of Australian football
What will happen on the night?
- The FFA will provide a brief presentation explaining what the Whole of Football Plan is and why they are doing it.
- The FFA will then facilitate an open forum discussion. Questions will be posted to the audience and the floor will be open for people’s comments.
“This is a tremendous opportunity for anyone with an interest in helping guide the direction of our game and we welcome your attendance,” Capital Football CEO Heather Reid said. “This is an ideal chance for stakeholders to share their view with the National body in a constructive way.”
Who: FFA CEO David Gallop
What: Whole of Football Plan Consultation Process.
When: Monday 10th November at 6:30pm
Where: West Lounge at Canberra Stadium
(Capital Football Media Release)