The Queen may be gone but we remain and need to find a way to pass the time.
What’s worth seeing and doing around Canberra this weekend?
Just leave your suggestions in the comments.
From our Calendar:
– The Fall of the City at ANU Arts Centre
– A New Horizon: Contemporary Chinese Art
– Canberra International Film Festival
– Infinite Horizons. Fred Williams retrospective at the National Gallery
– Out of the West exhibition at the National Gallery
– Reclaim the Night: Relic or Relevant?
– Book Launch and Performance – Tango, transmodernidad y desencuentro
– Australian Poetry Slam 2011. ACT heat at The Front
– Women’s Dragon Boating COME & TRY DAY
– Spirits of the Dead to hit the Front
– The Stonefest residual event
– Williams and Haydn: Hidden meanings
– Woden ready to come Alive
– George Calombaris at the Hellenic Club.
– Women Of Notes Pt. 3
– CANBERRA ALL AGES – NEW EMPIRE, FOR OUR HERO & MORE!
– THE BIGGEST NIGHT OF COMEDY IN CANBERRA IN 2011
– Tortured, Reign of Terror, Indistrict and Der Reise
– JJJ presents Tijuana Cartel: M1 Tour
– TOXICMEN HALLOWEEN SHOW @ THE BASEMENT
– Funky Pleasure: Psychedelica!
Metal & Industrial Night at the Phoenix!
Sunday, October 30 · 7:30pm – 10:30pm
Featuring Local and Interstate Metal and Industrial Bands!
BLINDFOLD WARHORSE! 9:30pm
Sunday 30th October – Bike Fest 2011 at EPIC (Magpie Park & Poplar Park) – From 9:30am – For more information visit http://mraact.org.au/2011/08/motorcycle-awareness-week-2
Oktoberfest – Friday 28th, Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th
The Harmonie German Club has successfully presented the original Canberra Oktoberfest for the past 25 years. This three-day event is now a Canberra institution, with lots of food, drink, entertainment and fun enjoyed in a safe environment by people from all walks of life. Sunday continues to be the traditional family day, with such entertainment as the jumping castle, face painting and balloon modelling.
Canberra Medieval Tournament and Fair
Tonight at The Potbelly Bar:
The Flat Earth Confederacy
The Magic Rob Universe
Saturday – the B naturals funk band at PJ Oreillys Tuggeranong
The B Naturals will be playing our eclectic mix of funk, jazz and pop at PJ O’reilly’s
(yes really) at the Tuggeranong Town Centre, this Saturday the 30th
October, from 9 pm
We’ve added a brand new song from the Vandellas
Hope to see you …..
Check out the Ice Dragons Open Day down at Lotus Bay and give Dragon Boating a go for free!
Dragon boating is a great summer sport to sink your teeth into and works all the major muscle groups, including the core, legs and arms. The team also has a large and social membership base if your looking for a team sport or new in town!
ACT All HSV Day Show & Shine
Saturday, 29 October 2011
@ Gerald Slaven Holden, Belconnen
I was just there. It is on all day.
Do you pay on the first date?