Phew! We don’t have to wait much longer till roadworks on Ashley Drive are all packed and gone.
The final layer of road resurfacing works will take place on Ashley Drive southbound between Isabella Drive and Johnson Drive this weekend as the duplication of Ashley Drive approaches its completion.
The road resurfacing works will complete all major works on the project, following the new traffic lights at Statton Street and Bugden Avenue becoming operational earlier this month.
Minor patching and landscaping will be completed in the coming weeks, with an announcement of project completion to follow.
Detours will be in place this Saturday (19 May) with motorists encouraged to detour via Drumston Street, Ellerston Avenue, Goldstein Crescent, Heagney Crescent and Clift Crescent. Traffic controllers will be on site to guide motorists through the area.
Location and timing of works
Work will be carried out between 6 am and 6 pm from Saturday 19 May to Tuesday 22 May 2018 on the southbound lanes of Ashley Drive between Isabella Drive and Johnson Drive.
Location and timing of road closures
- Southbound lanes, including the Clift Crescent intersection, will be closed on Ashley Drive between Isabella Drive and Johnson Drive from 6 am to 6 pm on Saturday 19 May 2018.
- There will be no works on Sunday 20 May, all southbound lanes will be open.
- One lane of traffic southbound will be maintained on Monday 21 May and Tuesday 22 May 2018.
Effects on traffic
- Minor delays are expected.
- Barriers, as well as warning signs, will be erected to alert people to the closures.
- Detours will be in place on Saturday 19 May 2018, with motorists encouraged to detour via Drumston Street, Ellerston Avenue, Goldstein Crescent, Heagney Crescent and Clift Crescent.
- Traffic controllers will be on site to guide motorists through the area.
- Drivers are asked to be mindful of the changed traffic arrangements and adhere to the work zone speed limits of 40 km/h.
The ACT Government thanks everyone for their patience whilst this important work takes place.
For more information on the duplication of Ashley Drive and other projects in the area, visit Transport Canberra and City Services website or contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.