The ACT Government says all major construction work on Ashley Drive is now complete as both northbound and southbound lanes between Johnson Drive and Isabella Drive start to be resurfaced today (14 June).
Asphalting work will be carried out on the existing lanes of Ashley Drive between 6 am and 6 pm from Thursday (14 June) to Tuesday (19 June) with only minor delays expected.
After the resurfacing is complete, both duplicated lanes on southbound will be opened on Ashley Drive between Johnson Drive and Isabella Drive but the Government warns there may be further road maintenance on the existing lanes of Ashley Drive northbound between Johnson Drive and Erindale Drive in the coming weeks.
Location and timing of road closures
- Southbound lanes will be closed on Ashley Drive from Ellerston Avenue to Johnson Drive from 10 am to 3:30 pm on Thursday and Friday (14 – 15 June. There will be no right turn from Ellerston Avenue onto Ashley Drive southbound.
- Northbound lanes will be restricted to one lane from 7 am to 5 pm from Thursday to Saturday (14 June – 16 June).
- There will be restricted right turn access in and out of Clift Crescent from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm on Thursday (14 June), Friday (15 June) and Monday (18 June).
- Southbound lanes will be restricted by traffic controllers under stop and slow arrangement from Isabella Drive to Clift Crescent from 7 am to 5 pm on Monday and Tuesday (18 – 19 June).
Effects on traffic
- Minor delays are expected.
- Barriers, as well as warning signs, will be erected to alert people to the closures.
- Traffic controllers will be on site to guide motorists through the area.
- Drivers are asked to be mindful of the changed traffic arrangements and adhere to the work zone speed limits of 40 km/h.
The ACT Government thanks everyone for their patience while the work takes place.
For more information on the duplication of Ashley Drive and other projects in the area, visit Transport Canberra and City Services or contact Access Canberra on 13 22 81.